1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

EBS Metaldrive

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by grygrx, Mar 26, 2009.

1. grygrx

grygrx Lookout! Here comes the Fuzz! Supporting Member

Dec 24, 2003
    Columbia, MO
    Saw this on bassplayer:

2. grygrx

Dec 24, 2003
    Columbia, MO
    and from their own website...

3. grygrx

Dec 24, 2003
    Columbia, MO
  4. could be very cool. not that you can hear that dude's bass much in the disturbed.

5. themadpiper

themadpiper This is CAKETOWN!!

Jun 25, 2008
    Pascagoula, MS
    Sounds like it could be worth a look. I think I'm more interested in the 3 new heads. I love my TD650, but real curious as to what they're putting out.

6. i wonder what the other new black label pedal might be.

7. Two new pedals? Did I miss something?:meh:

8. Nikoubis

Nikoubis

May 3, 2007
    Athens, Greece
    ZOMGEBSMICROHEAD! :hyper:

9. themadpiper

Jun 25, 2008
    Pascagoula, MS
    That would be pretty cool. Looks like one of the heads is gonna be a Classic 160. Doesn't give the size of it, but calling it a "bass-amp-to-go" leaves me thinking it could be a nice lightweight amp, and that it'll be the smallest amp they make.

I'm kinda crossing my fingers for an all-tube head. Not that I'd be able to afford it anytime soon. They could call it Sleipnir. But I guess that name would be better suited for an 8x10 cab...

10. From what I've seen and read, it does seem like a small (both in size and power, at 160 Watts) and portable head.

I'm not so sure. That name could work well for an amp with eight valves in it too! :)

And more on topic: I'm sure that the MetalDrive has a potential of becoming a popular pedal in the metal crowd, but personally, I'm more curious about the other pedals they're coming out with. Whatever they are.

11. mvw356

mvw356

Mar 2, 2006
    Brussels
    cool. i'm thinking about getting a distortion/overdrive pedal, but then the problems start. i did searches and what not but i didn't find the info that i'm looking for. what's the difference between an overdrive and a distortion pedal? there a literally thousands of distortion pedals out there, but how do i know which one is for me if i can't try them all? i'm really curious about the ebs valvedrive pedal because it's got a valve, passive tone controls and can be used as a preamp for recording. i don't need chainsaw like tones, more something full and smooth. any suggestions? is there a point to get a pedal which is vlve based and has passive tonecontrols if 'im plugging into a valve amp with passive tonecontrols (TE V6)?

12. Deluge Of Sound

Deluge Of Sound Banned

Nov 8, 2007
    Maine/Vermont
    Distorsion, eh? :D

13. if you use an all-tube(valve) amp, I don't see much need to get a tube pedal OD. In fact, a clean boost is probably as good as most ODs in your case!

14. themadpiper

Jun 25, 2008
    Pascagoula, MS
    I like the way you think! :bassist:

15. Mudfuzz

Mudfuzz

Apr 3, 2004
    OlyWA...
    I agree, I have yet to find a tube pedal that I love through any of my bass amps [they are all tube amps], it always sounds too muddy, and coming from me that is saying something.

16. B.C.

B.C. Supporting Member

Jun 28, 2005
    Indiana
    +1 a booster to push the tubes into saturation sounds fantastic!

17. Want tube tone? Get an all tube amp. Too heavy? Hit the gym.

18. Mudfuzz

Mudfuzz

Apr 3, 2004
    OlyWA...
    I said that is all I have, I have 4 tube amps and my day job involves lugging around beams and hardi pannels.

19. yeah i was saying that affirmatively, sorry if it came out wrong

20. Mudfuzz

Mudfuzz

Apr 3, 2004
    OlyWA...
    No problem, happens all the time to everyone around here...............................I'm starting to nod off.....................................................