Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Eden Cabs Flat?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Piezoman, Oct 12, 2005.

1. Piezoman

Piezoman

Nov 29, 2002
    Bronx, New York
    Ive heard and there had been a recent list put together that rounded up the transparent or close to cabinet makers. Now looking into eden cabs, I see they claim they are transparent.

Are they close to transparent or is this false? Im looking into either the 410XLT or XST.

2. Not terribly sure about the Edens, I've never heard that, but I HAVE heard that Euphonic Audio cabs are the very definition of "transparent" reproduction. transmission-line (was that the term?) cabinet structure...interesting stuff.

We used to make the original VL series about 6+ years ago or so. Those sounded nice, but it was hard to make them "loud".

Sorry I'm not being helpful beyond giving a related to topic option.

3. Eden cabs, I love em, I use em, but are they transparent? No way. They most definitely add their own signature to the sound.

4. Fealach

Fealach Guest

Apr 23, 2003
    Gone to a better place
    Exactly. They color the sound, people that like them like the way they color it. I like too.

5. Unchain

Unchain I've seen footage.

Jun 20, 2005
    Tucson, AZ
    If you are looking for transparent in the Eden price range, look at Accugoove. Transparent, clean, clear, crisp and FAT.

6. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    The Eden XLT's are reknowned for their "low-mid hump", definitely not flat. The XST series is supposed to be more flat, but I doubt people will say they are any where near as flat as any Accugroove cab.

7. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings

8. +1 The XST line is closer to the SWR-type tone... a little more scooped with a bigger low end... not quite as punchy as the XLT line. Neither cab is 'flat' as that term is used typically on TB. That's not necessarily a bad thing if you like the particular sound those two Eden lines impart on your tone.

9. Pickebass

Pickebass Supporting Member

Jul 12, 2004
    San Antonio, TX
    Great cabs... don't even think transparent

10. I have a 410xlt and a 410xst.
    I find the xlt definitely "not" flat....but like it very much.

The 410xst, similar to the swr G III's I had, but not as scooped. Xst has bigger bottom than the G III's as well , imo.