1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Eden EX112 Cab

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by Seanto, Nov 7, 2018.

1. Seanto

Seanto

Dec 29, 2005
    USA
    Max George likes this.
  2. Can't comment on that cab, but I've been using the same Eden head for 20 years (WT-300) with a 1x10 Eden for the last 10 ish (after having a 2x10 and 2x12 primarily for the pbass).

I'm a fan of their gear (the stuff from a decade ago I should say). Everytime I think about replacing them, I remind myself that durability is not a common feature anymore.

Seanto likes this.
  3. BaileyMan

BaileyMan Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2012
    San Francisco
    I love my EX112 cab! I had the 4ohm version, but when I upgraded my head I moved to the 8ohm version. It's sounded great with every head I've used with it.

4. jmlee

jmlee Catgut? Not funny. Supporting Member

Jun 16, 2005
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    616A72FE-71EC-4EF9-A12B-A7973DC90969.

I’ve got an older rig with an Eden CXC112 combo and a matching CX112 speaker. These are too big to be realistic as a portable upright set-up, but both have “wizzy” woofer/tweeter speakers with big ports. I’ve really liked these over the years for their focussed warmth. These aren’t high volume speakers, but the sound quality is excellent.

Seanto likes this.
  5. Seanto

Seanto

Dec 29, 2005
    USA
    Yes, the build quality is great for a cab at this price range. Kind of reminds me of the older SWR gear, built like a tank. Not quite as light weight as some other 1x12 cabs but I kind of like having a little more substance, gives me the impression it can take a beating.

6. Zbysek

Zbysek

Mar 23, 2017
    Czech Republic
    Btw, how do you like the Fishman Platinum Stage preamp?

Seanto likes this.
  7. Seanto

Seanto

Dec 29, 2005
    USA
    It's pretty good so far, like the low cut and boost it can give a piezo pickup, plus phase in/out. The EQ is definitely effective, but as mentioned in my other thread, i am not a huge fan of the mid frequency sweep type system. But may just need to master it. As i've been replying to these threads i thought of some ideas to experiment with it a bit. Still though, this is kind of a value/bare bones preamp IMO. If you can afford it, go bigger. I'd love to try something that can blend pickup and mic.

Zbysek likes this.
  8. Zbysek

Zbysek

Mar 23, 2017
    Czech Republic
    I already have a bigger premp. The reason why I am considering Platinum Stage is that it is so light and small...

I can recommend EBS MicroBass II...

What I do with my parametric mids control on my (pre)amps is that I increase the level of mids to (almost) full and try to find the frequency to be adjusted by turning the freq knob. Once I find it, I return the level knob to noon and than adjust it a little bit either way depending on whether I want to cut or boost. Usually, I either boost low mids or cut high mids. I try to avoid extreme settings... I hope it helps.

Povl Carstensen and Seanto like this.
  9. matthewbrown

matthewbrown Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2003
    Harwich, MA, USA
    I love mine! I have 2 4-ohm versions. I use one or a pair with an ohm-switchable Carvin BX500 for EB gigs, and use one with a an AI Contra combo (with the 10" speaker) as an extension, for both DB and EB. The EX 112's have a very small footprint, and they're not awkward to carry. Great for the price.

Seanto likes this.