Eden Metro Problem

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by nspark, Jul 24, 2004.

1. Okay, my baby is dying...and she's so young (to me). I got my Eden Metro used a couple months ago (it's a '01, I was told). She's been working beautifully for me up until about a week or two ago. I don't gig and I'm definitely not overly driving the amp section. She's only ever been played in my room. Lately, when I turn it on, it only works maybe 50% of the time. When it doesn't work, the "EQ Clip" light comes on and stays on, even when there's no bass plugged in. Sometimes this happens after 30 minutes of playing, sometimes right when I turn it on. I was thinking it may be that the tube died, but I'm pretty sure I switched to the Solid State channel when it wasn't working and it stayed not working. (next time it dies, I'll be sure to double-check that).

I don't know much about amp problem diagnosis, but if any of you have any specific questions about my amp, I'll gladly do my best to get answers for you. Anything to fix my baby. Much thanks in advance,

2. I checked and yes, it does happen in both the solid-state and tube channels. Switching between the two does not correct the issue.

Please help...

3. cschenk78

Mar 12, 2000
    Watertown, NY

I am an eden player as well, almost bought the Metro, then ended up on tour - so I took the Wt800...

I have had it since '01 (like your Metro) and I have had the same problem, a few months back and then again last night...the first time, it was a loose connection in the internal power supply...it took my tech somew looking, but he figured it out and I was good for a while, now I don't have any idea what the heck is going on...

You may want to have the power supply checked out...

Hope this helps...

4. Thanks Chris, I'll be calling Eden some time this week to see if I can get any advice from them.

Anyone else with advice? Please?

5. Bump for help. Please? Anyone?

6. If you aren't sure where to start troubleshooting it yourself, you probably shouldn't be futzing around inside it either.

Take it to your tech.
  7. Bumping for help again. Crazy busy at work, won't be able to call Eden until Friday at the earliest.

Anyone with a similar problem?

8. armybass

armybass Gold Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2001
    I don't it will help but mine went bad in a few months and it was just the crappy tube that was in it. Have you tried changing it?