1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Eden Nemesis NC410

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Antihero666, Feb 21, 2008.

1. Are they any good?

Ive got the chance to get one of these second hand for under $1000, although its a long drive to get it..

Would it be better then a randall rb200x or line 6 lowdown 150?

2. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
  3. I live in campbelltown but im only in year 11 so at the moment going to gigs is a bit hard to do..

The amp seems to be in good condition, but would it be wise to buy it, just in case something was to go wrong? For me money is hard to come by at the moment so I dont wanna buy this amp and then have it die on me

4. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    Oh shoot, I just realised you're talking about the combo. Mine is the speaker cab only without the amp.

Mate I can't make that call for you. It's your decision. But what you're worried about is going to be a concern whenever you buy anything used. Nemisis/Eden have a good reputation for reliability. If the amp looks like it's been used with care, then it should be OK. That's no guarantee it'll never break down, but that's the reason used gear is cheaper than new gear.

I don't know if this is your first amp, but let me tell ya my first amp was a hell of a lot worse than the NC410 :)

5. bassnug47

bassnug47

Oct 7, 2007
    Birmingham AL
    life is good, Dead is better
    why would you need an amp like that if you are only 11 years old??

6. Yes the amp looks to be in very good condition from the pics ive seen but hopefully the amp is gonna be okay when we try it out.. otherwise my dad will kill me for not buying it after driving all the way there haha

im 16 years old.. im in year 11 at school

7. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    He's in YEAR 11 of school - that makes him 17yrs old or thereabouts.

8. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    When you say it's far to drive, where exactly is this amp located?

9. and by the way pete thanks for the advice for searching threads on the amp.. I never thought to do that haha

helped clear a lot of worries in my mind

10. the amp is in newcastle.. a 2 and a half hour drive

11. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    Yep that's far - I get around a lot and if it was somewhere near where I'm gonna be, I would have dropped in and tried it out for ya. I'm not going anywhere near Newcastle until the end of April, and by then it'll be sold.

12. No problems mate.. Im getting her to hold the amp and going there tomorrow morning and if its up to standards buying myself an awesome amp!

Thanks for all your help

13. Well I went up to newcastle and I now have a nemesis amp sitting in my room!

This thing absolutely rocks, I barely even turn it up a quarter volume and my room is shaking

14. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    :) Congratulations! Happy Bass playing! Don't blow it up OK!

15. djsteiner

djsteiner

Dec 15, 2007
    Ive had the privelige to play this amp on several occasions, and I absolutely love it. The local university owns one and i've played it for Jazz band contests and concerts. I didn't get to play with the eq much, but i didn't really need to. The tone was such that it could work in essentially any context with the right plucking/picking technique.

16. steamthief

steamthief

Jan 25, 2006
    Mentone Beach
    Congratulations, that is a smokin' combo! I have a Nemesis head and think it's great. If I ever downsize to a combo, that will be the one I get, hands down.

17. It definitely beats my 10 watt silvertone amp, by far

And it has wheels! :)