Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Eden 'T' cabs

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by slap_happy, Jan 1, 2006.

1. Hopefully I'll be making the move into Eden equipment soon. I plan to buy most or all of the equipment used. Probably a WT550/WT500 Highwayman/WT400, and a 2x10 and a 1x15. Anyway my question is, should I consider the older 'T' cabs like the D210T and D115T? I am on a budget but I'd like to end up with something I'm almost completely happy with for a while and something that sounds great and has the power I need. Most people seem to love Eden cabs but usually their talking about the newer XLT's and XST's, so basically, do the 'T' cabs have enough of whatever the newer ones do to get that satisfying Eden sound, or should I just dish out the cash and get the XLT's.

2. Juniorkimbrough

Juniorkimbrough

Mar 22, 2005
    Mississippi / Memphis, TN
    Endorsing Artist: Lakland Basses
    I use a 410T and I love it! Never tried any of the XLT cabs.

3. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    I ran an old 410T cab for years and loved it. They are a quality cab, to me the big difference with the xlt and the xst is the way they handle the low B, but especially for the used price 3-400 for a 410T, they are a VERY good value. Having said that, two 210 XLT's would probably move as much air as a 410T and 115T and be lighter and more portable. The 210 XLT is still one of the kings of stand alone 210's especially with a low B. I went with LDS neos because of weight. My 212 and 210 weigh less combined then the 410T.

4. tornadobass

tornadobass Supporting Member

Nov 20, 2000
    Iowa City, Iowa
    Endorsing Artist: Black Diamond & SuperSensitive strings
    I'm using a D210T and a D115T cab, either together or separately. Very happy with both cabs and they go quite well together.

The D115T is actually lighter than the D210T and I think it projects a bit better, even though rear ported.

5. Matt Call

Matt Call Supporting Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Minneapolis, MN
    My first cab was a 115T. I'd say it was an awesome cab. I've never played a 115XLT though, so I can't really give you a great comparison. It never let me down though. I can tell you that much.

6. lame(B)ass

lame(B)ass

Jun 18, 2004
    Slovakia
    I have 210t and 210xlt.

210t is much lighter and a bit smaller (only one port). Also it's a bit "smaller" sounding. Doens't have that rich lowmids like the 210xlt. But still soound very nice, especially woth my Ampeg. :hyper:
    But if you play 5 string bass, it would definitely need something like 1x15" or 2x12" to reinforce the low end at higher volumes.