1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Effect blender.

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by DanFold, Apr 25, 2009.

1. I have looked (and seen all the other threads) but not too sure what I'm lookin' at. New to using effects. so I'm sorry for any ignorance!

I want to keep my bass signal all the time, then just get one of these effect loop blending things to bring in the distortion pedals i have.

Just want sommet as basic as you like and not have to rob a bank to get one! haha

Cheers.
    Dan.

2. afroman

afroman Supporting Member

Aug 31, 2000
    Austin, TX
  3. Deluge Of Sound

Deluge Of Sound Banned

Nov 8, 2007
    Maine/Vermont
    Pretty sure there's some rule against putting the prices of things you make in the posts...

Just a heads up, WP.

4. Both of them are bang on! Are they really that costly to make though?

Thanks for the super fast reply too!

5. They're that costly to hand make.

You could probably find a Boss LS-2 for cheaper, but it has given some users some problems with signal bleeding.

Good luck.

6. I sent the GigRig an email about doing a custom-order board with dry/wet blends on each channel. I'll post the reply when I get it.

7. rratajski

rratajski Commercial User

Jul 1, 2008
    Mount Laurel, NJ
    Builder for FUZZROCIOUS PEDALS
    Preston/Wounded Paw,
    Just a friendly heads up...definitely take the post down. You'll just get a warning from the admin dudes, but it's never fun.

OP - I have a blender from Wounded Paw that I built. It's the best thing I could ever ask for. It makes my muff SO usable! I'm able to break through the mix now.

8. vegas532

vegas532 Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2006
    Pensacola, FL.
    Wounded Paw Blender user...it ended my search for such a pedal. I had done the LS-2 blender trick for a while and though it's a feasible cheap fix, there is some signal coloration. The Wounded Paw takes your straight clean tone and blend it with whatever your feeding through it...with no weird coloration issues.

9. Ric5

Ric5 Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 29, 2008
    Colorado
    I convert 4 string Rickenbackers to 5 string basses.
    I run effects in parallel ...

pedal.

10. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    or you can build a tweaked out one using online DIY resources

blender.

(ok, I had some professional help)

it's based on this
    http://www.runoffgroove.com/splitter-blend.html

with 2 blends to choose from, a phase switch and a passive volume & tone added to the clean sound

11. that barge concepts one... is it any good? no volume loss then it's on?that may be the one, though that wounded paw blender seem cool. I hate choices!

Thanks a lot though people! Think i know what am doin now! cheers.

12. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    Barge makes a solid pedal... I owned one for a little while.

barge_custom_dual_blend.

13. Unrepresented

Unrepresented Something Borderline Offensive

Jul 1, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    I'm satisfied with X-Blender, but I gotta say, that thing looks sharp. If I was in the market, I'd shamelessly rip off your stylish design.

14. oops, I was unaware that wasn't kosher. I thought I was just answering a question.