1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Effective, low-profile shock mount suited for H-clamp & ATM-450

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by pmad_bass, Apr 21, 2010.

1. pmad_bass

pmad_bass Supporting Member

Oct 24, 2004
    Maryland
    Anyone recommend an effective, low-profile shock mount that would be suited for use of an ATM-450 on a H-clamp?

At first I thought it was the speaker on the Mackie SRM150. But I recall that while I had to dial back the bass when using a pick-up, it did not appear to have what I'll describe as a kind of higher frequency rattling sound. When I took the mic and ran it into the Woods and my EA vl110- the rattling followed. It seemed to dissipate when squeezed/stabilized the mic (while on H-Clamp) with my hand.

2. sabra-som shock mount. you can get it at guit*r center or various other sources. lightweight, well-engineered and works.

jeff.

3. pmad_bass

pmad_bass Supporting Member

Oct 24, 2004
    Maryland
    Thanks Jeff.

Question- Does what I attempted to describe sound like a typical issue when using something like the H-Clamp w/o a shock mount? The sound I was hearing sounded simular to that of a blown tweeter, kind of. Oddly- it was really noticable when playing the lower notes on the G string and not as bas with stuff on E and A strings.