Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Effects Loop On/Off Switch

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Razor, Apr 19, 2004.

1. Razor

Razor

Sep 22, 2002
    Dallas
    Anyone installed an on/off switch for the effects loop on a preamp? I've got an SVP-Pro and I would like to be able to cut the loop on and off whenever I want... saw the new Carvin head and got the idea from there..

2. Couldn't you just use a line selector pedal? It would probably cost less and be a lot easier.

3. Mickey Shane

Mickey Shane what goes here?

Feb 23, 2003
    Denton, Texas
    My SVT-4 has an effects loop on/off switch. I don't use the effects loop, but I leave the switch in the ON position. How would I benefit from turning it off? It sounds the same to me either way.

4. Razor

Razor

Sep 22, 2002
    Dallas
    I've got a lot of rack effects in the effects loop..just a thought to have a switch to be able to switch all of it off if I wanted to and just use the preamp by itself. I'd honestly like to find some type of switching system that would allow me to turn certain units on and off in my effects loop. For instance...I've got a SansAmp RBI preamp I would like to mount into my effects loop and be able to turn it on when I want a little grind and turn it off when I want a clean signal.