1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

EHX Bass Blogger

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Bur, Mar 18, 2013.

1. Bur

Bur

Nov 16, 2012
    Moscow, Russia
  2. Bur

Bur

Nov 16, 2012
    Moscow, Russia
    Deafening silence... That's funny, it looks a lot like this Bass Blogger pedal is tabooed here... :D

3. tastychoice

tastychoice

Oct 22, 2012
    portland
    I've tried it a few times at the store and was generally not impressed. To me, its the el camino of the dirt pedal world. It may be both a car and a truck but it sucks at both uses. It may be your bag, I prefer my bubble font muff but we like what we like. I like eh fuzzes on bass but for od nothing has ever caught my ear. Tried a basstortion and an ocd clone yesterday that were nice.

4. behndy

behndy Banned

Nov 1, 2008
    California
    it's not that it's taboo, it's that EHX is kinda crap across the board with a few pedals that are interesting.

but they sure know how to make a completely mehhhhh pedal.

5. MrPierre

MrPierre

Oct 22, 2012
    I bought one yesterday and it may not be the best overdrive nor the best fuzz out there, but of all the drive pedal I tried in the last month, it is the only one that work well with my Dwarfcraft devices TGD.

All the other pedals gave the TGD a huge treble boost (and I didn't want it) or simply sounded like crap when the TGD was on.

6. loendmaestro

loendmaestro Supporting Member

Jan 15, 2004
    Vienna VA
    I have to agree.

7. RCCollins

RCCollins Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2008
    San Diego, California
    I think this pedal gets a bad rap. The drive side may seem kinda limited but I think it excels at that low gain "grit" that so many people are after.

8. jumblemind

jumblemind I also answer to Bryan Supporting Member

Aug 27, 2011
    Knoxville
    I'm intrigued by the drive sounds on that vid, doesn't have that glitchy breakup a lot of hot overdrives have. If I see one pop up used I'll probably grab it to try out. The "meh" comment is accurate IME. EHX pedals are very middle of the road...they usually sound pretty good until you compare them to a quality boutique/handmade version.