1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

EHX Bass Microsynth vs Non-Bass Microsynth

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by rizzcombat, Dec 21, 2016.

1. I can't seem to find any comparisons of the bass specific microsynth vs the non-bass (regular) microsynth, particularly on a bass. I understand the bass version has a trigger and filter sweep tailored for a bass, however how does the non-bass version sound on a bass?

If anything, I find the bass version that I've played through to get lost in the mix and sound scooped. Part of me hoped the non-bass version may a stronger midrange presence to help cut through the mix with a bass.

Open to any feedback or comments. Thanks!

2. The BMS is tuned specifically to track electric bass and does have a better low end response. The MS may provide more cut but will not track as well in the lower octave and you may need to mix in some clean bass for pitch clarity.
    The only times I found the sound scooped was when playing thru an amp that had a built in mid scoop tone.