1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

EHX Bass Mono Synth settings?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by dukey donkey, May 13, 2019.

1. I've recently gotten an ehx bass mono synth and a moog ep-3 expression pedal... anyone have some good setting suggestions? I've fiddled around, but can't seem to get it dialed in like I want. I've also got it at the front of my pedal chain which includes a compressor, OD, distortion, and chorus...

2. Nighttrain1127

Nighttrain1127 Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2004
    Near Worcester MA
    You have it in the right place in the chain. What are you trying to make it do/ What sounds are you trying to get

3. ones that would be useful... least glitchy and cut through loud distorted guitars... I'm not using it for whole songs, but there are some parts like a bridge here and there... I'm pretty open, just want some ideas to play with...

4. JakobMiller

JakobMiller

May 29, 2019
    Nashville, TN
    I just got one myself. I’ll let you know if I come up with anything useful.
    My first impression of it is: it does exactly what it says it will. How ever, I haven’t dialed anything in yet similar to what you described.
    Let me know if you came up with anything, too.

5. crguti

crguti

Feb 14, 2011
    Scandinavia
    I wanted this pedal but the sound demos sounds like a toy.

6. Eric Huber

Eric Huber

Aug 20, 2019
    Baltimore
    I just unboxed mine and I can see many sleepless nights ahead. Thus far I like what it does but I can see it gonna need a lot dialin to get it right. I like the memory setup feature. At least you can save what you dial in.

7. Ludatripp

Ludatripp

Mar 15, 2020
    Did you ever dial in some good tones? I just got one of these would love to know what settings others are using

8. AllFifths

AllFifths

Apr 20, 2020
    Not entirely sure where I read this but putting a compressor in front of it help A LOT. I find the tracking much better. I'm having a lot of fun with this pedal but (being kinda dumb here) I do want to try to get more sounds out of it...It's got the perfect PHAT gritty "synthy wow" tones but now I'm trying to figure out how to get some nice cleaner sounds out of it (this is not really a reasonable expectation...LOL!)

9. JakobMiller

JakobMiller

May 29, 2019
    Nashville, TN
    I honestly haven’t used it as much as I wanted to since I last posted.
    Compression has helped (like dude said). I’ve had best results using it on the effects loop.

10. AllFifths

AllFifths

Apr 20, 2020
    Here the sample templates from the EHX site (don't know if you got it new or used):

"New MicoSynth and Bass MicroSynth Templates and sample settings are now on the EHX site.
    Lots of fun Synth settings and effects.

There is also a blank template page for you to record your own settings.

Bass MicroSynth
    http://www.ehx.com/assets/instructions/bass-microsynth-templates.pdf

Electro-Harmonix

Guitar MicroSynth
    http://www.ehx.com/assets/instructions/microsynth-templates.pdf

http://www.ehx.com/products/micro-synthesizer
    "

EHX.com | New MicoSynth and Bass MicroSynth Templates | Electro-Harmonix Forums

11. AllFifths

AllFifths

Apr 20, 2020
    And I found this Video to be really helpful in getting my head around HOW it works and what the sliders do:

12. BassBrass

BassBrass

Jul 6, 2009
    Boston MA
    I believe we're talking about the mono synth, a product introduced within the last 3 years, not the micro that goes back to a high voltage ac plug in model that Mark Sandman (Morphine) used as a part of his sound. I have a more modern micro and a mono, the mono has been worth the money in fun, but it's only sound not done better by other pedals is the rotating speaker...which can be used musically as a radical change. It gets into whomp- whomp-whomp territory.

13. AllFifths

AllFifths

Apr 20, 2020
    My bad! I did a search for EHX Bass Micro Synth settings and this came up; was unaware of the Mono synth...

14. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 1, 2021