EHX mod...

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by 3 crotch grabs, Nov 3, 2003.

1. so, i have a couple electro harmonix pedals that i want to do a few simple mods to. just wondering if anyone has any tips or links that might help.

1-i have this ancient frequency analyzer that doesn't have an indicator light on it. sometimes you get into noisey situations, can't quite hear yourself... i would like to know what's on and what's off. any ideas on adding an LED to it?

2-on this frequency analyzer AND my big muff, i would like to add a second footswitch. one that doesn't click on and off, but turns the pedal on only when the switch is in the down position. take your foot off, and it's clean. am i explaining this well enough?

i know a guy who's brilliant with this kinda stuff, but i'm strapped for cash and would rather do it myself.
  2. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    If the Frequency analyzer is only using a DPDT switch, you can add an LED with a 3PDT switch, not too hard.

As far as the second switches, what you're looking for is called a momentary switch. Not sure about the wiring, but that may be a huge pain in the arse. Better off leaving this one to a pro.

Good luck whatever you decide to do, and remember, the biggest pain in the arse with EHX pedals is drilling the case since it's basically sheet metal.
  3. thanks man. if i'm gonna have a pro do the switches, i might as well have him take care of the light at the same time. i was just kinda hoping for "yeah, dumby. you just solder the sprocket to zeeblehoop and you're in business! it's all ball bearings these days!"

my buddy has had this kind of work done by Jay from "captured by robots" before, and from what i understand, he's the best guy in town.