1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

****** Electronics?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Zenixon, Oct 22, 2013.

1. Zenixon

Zenixon

Oct 3, 2013
    So I have this cheap low end LTD Viper 54 and recently it's sort of become my project bass, ( I set it up myself defretted it, and plan on painting it) the only problem with it is the "electric" aspect of the bass. The natural sound I can get from it unplugged sounds better by leaps and bounds compared to the sound when it's plugged in. (I have a good amp) On top of that the pickup will short out without any warning, I had used it a straight week with no problems and then during a gig of all places it died. Any thoughts or suggestions on how I could turn this cheap and low end bass into something roadworthy?

2. Can you post some pics of the electronics cavity? Offhand it sounds like you might have a bad output jack, the tip of the instrument cable is touching the shielding, or there might be a bare wire touching ground somewhere. Impossible to tell without seeing some pics.

Rick B.