1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

EMG pickup for Music Man Stingray 5

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by metallibass95, Apr 30, 2010.

1. metallibass95

metallibass95

Apr 7, 2009
    From playing Music Man Stingray 5 basses I love their sound by far over any other active bass i've ever played. They have the same high output, bright sounds, and clarity that I guess are characteristics that all the active basses i've played share, but the Stingrays seem different to me though, they have such a warm smooth sounding low end, so much more than any other active basses i've ever played.

I noticed EMG makes pickups for those basses in two models, the MMCS and the MMTW. From the descriptions on the EMG site about them both it seems that my preference of the two would be the MMCS.
    http://www.emginc.com/products/index/187/37/2

So I guess that brings up the question, what does the EMG MMCS pickup really sound like and how does the sound of that differ from the stock MM pickups that are in the stingrays?