1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

EMG pickups going silent or grounding out NEED HELP ASAP!

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by descendent22, Sep 1, 2017.

1. descendent22

descendent22

Jul 29, 2015
    Connecticut
    I bought these active EMG p bass pickups. I followed the instructions correctly and wired everything up correct. Checked it over 3x. For some reason the pickups are grounding out or going silent when I touch the volume pot or screw them down to the pickguard. What is the problem? What do I need to do!? Also when I touch the controls they get static. Is it a ground problem?

Last edited: Sep 1, 2017
  2. descendent22

descendent22

Jul 29, 2015
    Connecticut
    nevermind I solved the problem! My dumb ass had the solderless wire upside down so it wasn't getting a proper ground..the tiniest mistakes...

ctmullins likes this.
  3. FunkHead

FunkHead Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2007
    Great news, Glad it's fixed. Did you have to route for a battery?

4. descendent22

descendent22

Jul 29, 2015
    Connecticut
    Sure did.. wasn't that bad but I wish I didn't need to be routed. Came out pretty decent though.

5. FunkHead

FunkHead Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2007
    That's cool. You should post some pics.:)

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 11, 2021