1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Eminence EUB 'Body' Support

Discussion in 'Electric Upright Basses (EUB's) [DB]' started by mikejdexter, Aug 31, 2017.

1. mikejdexter

mikejdexter

Jul 9, 2009
    UK
    Has anybody modified in anyway the small 'T' shaped body support that comes with the Eminence? For such a good sounding instrument the body support seems lacking to others on the market--eg: the Yamaha SLB Silent EUB. Your views welcome on this topic.

2. Larry6153

Larry6153 Supporting Member

Feb 8, 2013
    Ovilla, Texas
    Hi Mike, I made a new shaped body rest for my Eminence. I tend to stand more to the side of an upright instead of behind and the stock rest just didn't work for me. I purchased a spindle table leg from the local home improvement store and piece of 1"x4" oak and made one that uses the same hole in the back of the body but angled and lengthened the rest to accommodate the position I prefer to stand with the bass. I painted it black and made a contoured padded cover for the part that rest against me. It greatly improved the stability while playing.
    Send me an email address and I will shoot you a picture.
    Hope that helps, Larry