1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Enquire on effect setups.

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Miesside, Sep 24, 2008.

1. Miesside

Miesside

Dec 22, 2007
    hey there,

i'm quite new to effects btw, been wanting to setup single gadgets effect rather then multi-effects. so i do hope you guys can help me out. need a couple of recommendations on the type of effects i want to use. lets put compressor aside, i've choosen EBS multicomp as i've heard alot of good reviews about it. now its about the overdrive, chorus , delay , band EQs or DI systems & lastly octaves.

hope i get replies soon .
    thanks

2. SpankyPants

SpankyPants That's Mr. SpankyPants to you.

Aug 24, 2006
    Brooklyn, NY
    inquiry

3. B.C.

B.C. Supporting Member

Jun 28, 2005
    Indiana
    Ok, lets do this one effect at a time.

For overdrive, what kind do you want? Do you want a true overdrive? A Distortion? A Fuzz?
    For overdrive, check out clips of the Sansamp bass driver, thats generally what you will get out of an overdrive.
    For distortion, check out sound clips for for more over the top drive pedals
    For fuzz, go to www.bassfuzz.com You'll hear what fuzz is all about.

People seem to be pretty happy with Boss Choruses so listen to a few clips of those

For Delay, do you want analog or digital? For analog, check out clips for the MXR Carbon Copy and for Digital the Boss DD series

EQs, well thats tough, but the most widley used one I've seen has been the Boss GEB-7 so check out clips for that.

DI's are really just a matter of trying them out. I like my Sansamp Bass Driver DI

Octaves, well, check out clips for the Boss OC-2, EHX octavers, and I believe EBS has one.

Hope this helps, and if ya have anymore questions, feel free to ask. :)

4. Miesside

Miesside

Dec 22, 2007
    wow thanks man,
    thats cool , i'll be thicking to true overdrive instead.
    as for the eqs, normally in what kind of circumstance it has to be used? slap etc?

5. B.C.

B.C. Supporting Member

Jun 28, 2005
    Indiana
    Generally, yes. A lot of guitar dedicated overdrives will also suck low end so some try to compensate for that with a boost of the low end.

I don't have one on my board because no matter what effect I have on(fuzz,synth,delay) I still really dig the settings on my amp. :)