1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Epi Tbird Pro IV preamp gain level?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by kat888, Feb 5, 2016.

1. kat888

kat888 Guest

Oct 13, 2015
    I believe the onboard pre in the ProIV is a Duncan BEQ-2 aka RBA-04M. There are Vol, Blend, Bass and Treble controls and there does not appear to be a push/pull switch on the Vol. I can't see a gain trimmer on the pre but then my eyesight is not what it used to be. Is there any way of adjusting the gain on the pre?

I want to equalise the output somewhat between the Epi and my piezo bass which has a much higher output even with the preamp gain reduced as far as it will go.

2. Without some built-in adjuster or gain-wire option, there's usually no simple way of boosting the output of a preamp. You could try adjusting the pickups closer to the strings, but if this doesn't close the gap, then you'll have to turn your attention to the piezo bass instead, and reduce its output further. This is usually easy to do for a reputable tech.

3. kat888

kat888 Guest

Oct 13, 2015
    Thanks for your response. Will give it all some more thought (there's no hurry)