1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Esh basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Direct Box Rox, Jan 22, 2013.

1. Direct Box Rox

Direct Box Rox Silence = Deaf

Feb 12, 2012
    USA
    Anybody own one of these? While I never have played one, I was instrumental in getting the one I attached for Peter Steele. They look fantastic.

Attached Files:

2. Wow. That is Stunning!

Love the 2x2 straight pull. Love the body finish. Love the whole thing!

:bassist:

Direct Box Rox likes this.
  3. Direct Box Rox

Feb 12, 2012
    USA
    Thank you. It's not for everyone but the people that do dig it tyically dig it a lot. Comes in other colors (red, purple).

4. Direct Box Rox

Feb 12, 2012
    USA
    In my haste, I made a mistake. This bass is the one I was responsible for (with the fingerboard markings);

Attached Files:

5. Thomas Kievit

Thomas Kievit Guest

May 19, 2012
    Ah, Esh basses! Long time ago I heared something from those :) First time I saw one, was when I was watching a live performance from In Extremo. Their bass player, Kay Lutter, used some Esh basses. I believe he's using Ibanez Grooveline basses right now :)

6. I love that "cold, heartless, industrial" look to those models. As a guy who loves Thrash metal, I do mean that as a sincere compliment! :cool:

So... "Best Bass for Metal," anyone?

:bag:

7. Direct Box Rox

Feb 12, 2012
    USA
    Too bad Peter Steele never did have the opportunity to play his own finished product. RIP.

8. dwh87

dwh87

Jul 31, 2007
    Cornwall
    How many did they make of those? I have only seen one for sale in the UK. It was fairly priced too.

9. Direct Box Rox

Feb 12, 2012
    USA
    They made 13.

10. Good God, this dude is a Monster!

Peter Steele:

[​IMG]

Never heard his music, but this dude was 6 foot 6 and jacked. He looks like a cross between Fabio and Sylvester Stallone. And rocking a chain strap. :bassist:

RIP

11. neptoon

neptoon Supporting Member

Jul 25, 2000
    Vero Beach, FL
    pete steele stopped playing esh basses years ago...story is an esh rep kicked his cat and pete threw the guy out of his house...shortly after that, he was playing a washburn m10 live...all studio recordings were still done on the alembic

12. Direct Box Rox

Feb 12, 2012
    USA
    He did stop playing Esh years ago. However, he was reconnected with Ralf from Esh and Peter got his own model. Unfortunately, Peter passed just as the bass was being finished.

13. neptoon

neptoon Supporting Member

Jul 25, 2000
    Vero Beach, FL
    Didn't know that...i want one

14. The Alembic was destroyed years and years and years ago, much to his regret as he expressed to me. He got upset even talking about it and how nice a bass it was until he butchered it.

October Rust was recorded with an Esh Stinger, the original early-90s version.

After the Esh-rep cat **broken-tail** incident at Peter's house, Peter picked up Fernandes endorsement for several years, about the same time Kenny did.
    World Coming Down was recorded with two custom Fernandes Tremor Deluxes made to Peter's specs.

Life Is Killing Me and Dead Again were recorded with the Washburn M10s seen in live settings until Pete's demise.

As pointed out, his signature Esh Stinger was literally only weeks away from production when he died.
    13 were made, two stayed at the factory for show purposes, and the rest are scattered around the planet. I know of three in the U.S., one of which is mine.

15. Riverrunsred

Riverrunsred

Jan 20, 2010
    Central FL
    Thanks for the info !!!!

16. Direct Box Rox

Feb 12, 2012
    USA
    Agreed :)

17. Ampslut

Ampslut

May 15, 2017
    Looks Evil, very cool

18. Ens0r

Ens0r

Jan 15, 2014
    Germany
  19. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 26, 2021