1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Expensive Mexican

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by vivaknoxvegas, Apr 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vivaknoxvegas

vivaknoxvegas El Duderino Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2002
    Knoxville, TN
    I just saw a $900 MIM Fender P/J at Guitar Center. It looked cool... but not that cool. I couldn't see spending that amount of cash unless it's an American Fender.

2. Chico Ruger

Chico Ruger Supporting Member

Dec 11, 2014
    Western NC
    I had an expensive Mexican once. She was a terrific gal. Should never had let her get away.

3. alienstarguest

alienstarguest

May 30, 2009
    Your better off. By the time those gals reach 33, they plump up like ball park franks. It's just a cruel side of genetics.

Chico Ruger likes this.
  4. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    The top tier Mexican Fenders are excellent basses. Just as good as the Americans, IMO. The only thing really missing is the graphite reinforcement.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2016
  5. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Supporting Member

574959_532977393394151_62018296_n.jpg

6. vivaknoxvegas

vivaknoxvegas El Duderino Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2002
    Knoxville, TN
    Interesting. I didn't know this.

7. BigBobbyBass

BigBobbyBass

Jan 23, 2015
    the ignorance of FaceBass, I mean TB is overwhelming sometimes. What's next? Sambo jokes?

8. mdogs

mdogs Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2010
    Constant state of flux
    Join the crowd, it turns out that Squires are better than MIA Fenders too...who knew...

charlie monroe and vivaknoxvegas like this.
  9. I remember when Mexican gold was the most expensive. That was before domestic green became way more expensive.......um what were we talking about?

10. Biggbass

Biggbass

Dec 14, 2011
    Planet Earth
    I find this comment to be inappropriate and, if serious, ignorant.

11. goodformetal

goodformetal

Feb 17, 2015
    Oregon
    Isn't that a pink Floyd face palm?

12. 40Hz

40Hz Supporting Member

Panama Red got in between Acapulco Gold and New Hampshire dirt-grown. ;)

DiabolusInMusic likes this.
  13. When Panama red first hit the streets here in about 69' a "friend" brought in 20 kilos. Then a rival "guy" ripped him off and sold most of it. Of course "friend" found out, hired retired Football "players" to hold "guy" at gunpoint for return payment. A brand new Camaro SS title was signed over to "friend" which we drove around in all summer. Ah those were the days, the summer of 69'! And you kids thought you were having fun. Hahahaha

BassWaffle likes this.
  14. TripleDouble

TripleDouble Guest

Aug 5, 2008
    I like inappropriate humour, but that 's not cool.

organworthyplayer337 likes this.
  15. Mosstone

Mosstone

Jun 20, 2009
    New Hampshire ditch, uh, dirt-grown is the worst! And half the time, the guy never shows up!

16. pedroims

pedroims

Dec 19, 2007
    Michigan
    I paid 900 for my Classic P MIM, I dont regret it, best Fender I have owned and I have owned many MIA and MIJ.

RW are also great basses that worth the price IMHO.

17. Yes indeed. ...but I gave up drugs a good while back. ...gave up pillaging and plundering too... :)

Back on-topic, I have some Mex Teles that are very good instruments, IMHO.

18. Ok BOT My 60's MIM Jazz bass is excellent as is my 80's Precision "Cowpoke" and my Stu Hamm Urge.

19. One example...

Palo Escrito Telecaster.

Palo best.JPG

20. 254 stringer

254 stringer Supporting Member

Apr 15, 2010
    Waco Texas
    I was going to smoke a joint with some Mexicans today. I asked if anybody has papers and they all ran off.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.