1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

Experiences with Acoustic Image Ten2 with Ten2 Ex Cab?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Sputter, Sep 11, 2017.

1. Sputter

Sputter

Mar 14, 2012
    Columbia, SC
    Been searching threads without much luck... Looking with for anyone with experience running an AI Ten2 with the AI Ten2 EX (extension cab).

I play upright, but whether electric or upright, I'd like to hear about different ways people are achieving the best 'bubble' of sound as some call it, or as AI puts it, 'holographic sound'.

Things such as settings distance of cabs and positions, settings such as the downfiring of one cab vs the other, etc.

Any tips are greatly appreciated. Using Series 4 Ten2 and EX. Thanks.

2. Jay Corwin

Jay Corwin Supporting Member

Jan 29, 2008
    Sanborn, NY
    You might have better luck over in the DB forums.

I've never used the specific amp you're referring to, but I did used to use an AI Contra. I found the downfiring woofer to be problematic, though the sound was great as long as you didn't have to push it. Outdoors it was useless. AI has added a lot more headroom to their amps since then, so maybe this isn't an issue anymore.

Jump over to DB.

3. Sputter

Sputter

Mar 14, 2012
    Columbia, SC
    Thanks, Seven. I have great luck with the Ten2 outdoors, and use it that way quite a bit. The biggest tip from AI was to set the master volume at 3 o'clock and bring the gain in to suit. I rarely tilt back the ten2, and the downfiring works for me. On wooden and portable stages, I do tend to cut the percentage of signal to the downfiring speaker back, to focus the sound a bit more. I've not tried the Contra though, and I can see where that would be trickier for outdoors.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 13, 2021