Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

ext cab

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by lowfalls, Nov 3, 2003.

1. lowfalls

lowfalls

Jul 23, 2003
    South Carolina
    Newbie here.
    I've just bought a gk mb150e and I need to buy an ext cab. I play a fender Lite electric for blues and rock n role gigs and an old carved bass with a realist xducer.

I'm looking at the ampeg pb-212 but I can't find any reviews. Does anybody have experience with this setup or advice on a compatible ext cab?

Thanks TB for a great resource

2. sean p

sean p

Mar 7, 2002
    eugene, oregon
    i don't have experience with the ampeg cab you mentioned, but i do use a gk mb150 with an older gk 4x10 cab. the owner's manual recommends an extension cab with 8 ohms impedance - make sure you get that to take full advantage of the wattage available from the amp. if you get a cab with lower impedance than that, you won't be able to use the internal speaker in conjunction.

beyond that, try out several different cabs and see what sounds best to you. weight and size are a factor (are you going to be schlepping your rig frequently?). i would prefer something with more sonic definition than the internal speaker, probably something smaller than 12" speakers (though apparently there are some killing 12s out there - i just haven't had the dough to shop for them). i've seen cats use a 2x10 with this amp, but there are numerous possibilities.

sean p

3. lowfalls

lowfalls

Jul 23, 2003
    South Carolina
    Thanks Sean