Extended Range Bass Club Thread (Part 2)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by smperry, Nov 29, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Ed Goode

Ed Goode Jersey to Georgia Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    0499DD53-F3FB-4B92-B20D-1E5C065FBCD3.jpeg
    I haven’t been too active here on TB of late, sorry to have let this thread get a little dusty over the past few years ... if anyone finds club #’s necessary I’ll go back and get it caught up to date, otherwise it’ll just slug along without them. We started this thing in 2009, I think, after the ERB-bashing had died down a bit. I still hear some grumbling every now and then, but in general the down-with-ERB’s crowd seems to have thinned out quite a bit.

For me, extended range playing continues. These three basses (FBB fretless 7, FBB fretless 6, SX fretted 6) remain my main players. The FBB 6 is still my #1 choice and sees more action than the others. The FBB 7 is used primarily for duo work and when writing, and the SX is used primarily for rehearsals. That SX is a surprisingly decent instrument once I spent some time setting it up properly and put some good strings on it. It could benefit from some new pickups, but for rehearsal purposes it’s fine.

Let me know what y’all want to do about the #’s. I’ll try to stay a bit more active here in the future ...

2. Real Soon

Real Soon

Aug 15, 2013
    Atlanta, GA
    Sweet resurrection!!

As I patiently wait for my new-to-me Kiesel AB6 Aries fretless 6-string to arrive, I'm practicing switching between 4-string and 6 (with my Ibanez SR1346B), and practicing slap & picking on the 6 as well.

For the Kiesel, I'm considering stringing it EADGCF... but more will be known in the next fortnight or so.

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 3, 2021