Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Extremely depressed.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by karrot-x, Jul 24, 2004.

1. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    Well, I ran a hosting company successfuly for 2 years now and everything was going well until these last few months. I found it interfering with my personal life and had to make a change. I left for vacation to come back to a damaged broken server with loads of problems, customer complaints and all the other crap that was near me. Most of my time since I've been home has been spent contemplating stopping the server....so I have decided to.

http://www.lcentral.net/index.htm

I'm extremely depressed right now.....I just needed to vent :/.

2. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

your only 16 years old???

3. Man, I'm 17 and I can barely print things.

4. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    Yes, and the server was more then just a company for me...which is why this is so hard.

5. My friend knows this one guy who owns this really good and well put together Harry Potter Site, He makes a ton of money too. It's like www.mugglenet.com or sumpting like that Just to tell you. O yeah and Hope you feel better?(I dont know what to say?)

6. Sonorous

Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
    :rollno:

7. It takes guts and some brains to run your own company starting at age 14, most people aren't near smart enough to do something like that. Take comfort that it failed now while you're in high school, not when you're in your 20s and need to pay for house/food/utilities.

Chin up, guy.

8. lbanks

lbanks

Jul 17, 2003
    Ennui, IN USA
    Sometimes, you have to fall back and regroup. Don't let it get to you. Just learn from what lessons are there.

9. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    Thanks for the comforting words, I never used this as my main money maker, I have a real job for that. It's just that this is almost like I'm going to be giving up bass for an unanounced amount of time. I could salvage the company but I just can't...emotionaly I mean. Thanks for the kind words.

10. bassturtle

bassturtle

Apr 9, 2004
    Man, if you're pulling stuff like this off at 16, you will have no problems when you're older. There's plenty of time to work, right now just enjoy being a teenager! I'm sure it sucks, but I guess this is your first big taste of real life heartache. Again, I wouldn't sweat it too much...you should be proud for keeping it going from the ages of 14-16. That's really impressive!

11. I'm 15 and I feel worthess. :(

Karrot-man, you are special. :) :D

12. stu FORD

stu FORD

May 22, 2004
    man, starting something like that at 14 years? is that legal?

13. bassturtle

bassturtle

Apr 9, 2004

Depends on what he was really using the server for ;)

14. bassturtle

bassturtle

Apr 9, 2004
    What are you talking about? You make the cakes around here! Do you think that any one else would be able to handle that?

15. Sonorous

Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
    Honestly, I think you should quit whining. Sorry, but this is not the end of the world. Quit trying to make it look like it.

16. bassturtle

bassturtle

Apr 9, 2004
    Hey, hey, hey Mr Snoty pants! Be nice. It's obviously a big deal to him/her so let him/her vent!

17. Sonorous

Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
    You're sticking up for someone who's gender you don't even know. I think he's just being a cry baby. Starting your own business when your 14 and then giving up when there's a bump in the road, it's a waste. He really should pick himself up and make the best of it.

Sorry, I know I'm being a jerk. I'm also being honest.

18. bassturtle

bassturtle

Apr 9, 2004

No, I just felt like picking a fight. OT seems kind of boring tonight.

19. Sonorous

Sonorous

Oct 1, 2003
    Denton, TX
    Punk, you wanna rumble then?