Facebook Live

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by SaucyJackBass, May 15, 2017.

Tags:
  1. SaucyJackBass

SaucyJackBass

May 6, 2009
    Just for grins we ran a line from the headphone jack in the board into an iPhone and recorded a song for Facebook live. Thinking no one would see it, it was just to try out the darn thing. Before we even put the instruments down we had multiple likes and in the 24 hours since we had almost a hundred views. We can't even get 100 views on our real videos on youtube.

Anybody else played with this? Is it a real way to promote music?

2. Gatlin

Gatlin

Sep 22, 2016
    Ellisville, MS
    We started streaming our worship services on Facebook live about two months ago and have had great success. We have about 75 people at the service on Sunday morning and the videos are being viewed anywhere between 400 and 700 times a week. It's absolutely amazing to us!

3. Geri O

Geri O Endorsing Artist, Mike Lull Guitars and Basses Gold Supporting Member

Sep 6, 2013
    Florence, MS
    I've done some Facebook Live streaming, it's pretty cool, it's not as data-intense as I thought it would be. Just stuck the phone up there and caught the audio with the onboard mic. It sucked, but because of the immediacy of the event, folks got the ideas

But in all cases, the image was reversed. I kept getting "I thought you were right-handed".

Haven't figured out how to fix that yet...