1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

fave eq settings

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by mullet0909, Oct 28, 2006.

1. mullet0909

mullet0909

Oct 24, 2006
    Louisiana
    What are you guys's favorite eq settings or favorite setteings for a certain style...have fun.

2. tjh

tjh

Mar 22, 2006
    Minnesota
    flat ... I wont buy an amp unless it sounds good flat ... then will EQ (slightly) to complensate for room or mix ... I will also suit to room by cab selection ... I like to plug and play ... and with my Yamaha I flip a dial for a few different bass sounds, but mostly still set flat ...

BTW, congrats on registration and first post :)

3. Nighttrain1127

Nighttrain1127 Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2004
    Near Worcester MA
    With my Genz Benz I keep everything flat and kick in the mid switch with the Knob at 12:00 everything else flat and it sounds Great. Speakers are Genz Benz XB 210 and Avatar Neo 112.

4. Peanuts

Peanuts

Oct 3, 2006
    Netherlands
    same here.. just flat :rolleyes:

5. i boost the low mids to get the pant flapping punch in the chest kinda feeling :)

6. Pako

Pako Are we having fun yet?

Jul 31, 2002
    USA, Montana
    Lately, flat with just adjustments for the specific problem freqs of a particular room.

7. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private residence...man

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    Flat, flat, flat. All day long.

I run my bass EQ flat as well, usually, unless I'm slapping, at which point I'll boost the treble slightly.

I MUST have mids at all times.

8. The 0x

The 0x

Aug 24, 2003
    Timonium, MD
    When I'm using the Sunn 200s & Sceptre together, I'll run the 200s with the bass at 10, treble at 0, lo boost ON, hi boost OFF. Volume between 6 & 10 On the Sceptre, I'll run the mids (contour) at 10, treble wherever (doesn't seem to do much for some reason), bass at 0, volume at 8-10. When I just use the Sceptre alone, i'll bump the bass up to one, but that amp has a massive low end when it's overdriving already.

9. anderbass

anderbass

Dec 20, 2005
    Phoenix. Az.
    2-10-2, ("Whoo-hoo") .... Thanks, thats the most fun I've had all day..:) .

10. On my Genz Benz's 5 band EQ I keep the bass flat, boost the low mids to ~2 o clock, keep the mid mids flat, boost the high mids to ~3:30, and cut the treble to ~10 o clock. I also use the Low Extend button.

:bassist:

11. Another flat-lander here... both on heads and basses. I even keep the eq on a pedal like the BDDI pretty flat... (with the previously mentioned very subtle adjustments for venue/mix). It has only been a relatively recent development as I was a compulsive settings fiddler for ages! It was as if I never even contemplated leaving things flat - in fact I may have simply stumbled on a flat set up. I'm really enjoying it.

12. FrigginChris

FrigginChris

Feb 6, 2006
    illinois
    usually flat

13. Generally, I boost low mids and high mids a bit. Cut treble a bit. Lows usually flat. I might increase the treble and decrease the mids just a little for slapping, though.

14. Jiggybass

Jiggybass

Nov 15, 2005
    Sudbury, Canada
    On my Genz ML200

- Bass at 2:00
    - Mid level at 3:30
    - Mid feq. at 10:00 (or at 2:00 when slapping)
    - treble at 2:30

- treble boost on.

15. Every thing is Flat on the amp. I use a tube emulator and a limiter/enhancer. I use the 5 band eq on my Bongo and just use a hint of low and high mids. Nice growl but not to overbearing

16. All_¥our_Bass

All_¥our_Bass

Dec 26, 2004
    This is my "usual" setting.

Works better/best for a lead/chordal approach

Bass 2.5
    Mid 3.5
    Treble 5
    Presence 2.5

I play with a pick and use a jazz bridge pickup soloed, tone pot is all the way up, I use Rotosound swing bass strings, gauges low-to-high: 95 75 60 40. My bass is a fretted washburn made out of basswod, with a quilted maple top.

(You guys are probably plotting to kill me for posting setting like this)

17. mullet0909

mullet0909

Oct 24, 2006
    Louisiana
    i have a hartke ha3000, which i dont think thay even make ne more, and an ashdown 4x10 cab. my tone sounds horribly muddy when i leave the settings flat. so i boost the treble ne where from 7-10. i put the bass on like 6. my low and high mids go back and forth from 4 to 6 in different combinations. right now from bass to trebble its 6-6-6-10. if i boos the bass and low mids a bit and reduce the high mids i get a justin chancellor tone. i also have knobs for shape and intensity but they never move unless i want to sound like a guitar of cliff burton.

18. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

I keep it flat, but boost the mids if it's not defined enough and lower the bass if it's too boomy at higher volumes.

19. spectorbass83

spectorbass83

Jun 6, 2005
    canada
    Lows - 1 o'clock
    Mids - 2 o'clock
    Highs - 12 o'clock

The Schroeder loves mids:D

20. joelb79

joelb79

Mar 22, 2006
    Lansing, Michigan
    Motown Sound:

No Bright, High Button (+5 @ 5Khz)
    Bass Flat or +3 @ 50hz
    Bump 250Hz +2
    Trebble Flat
    Horn on Cab 1/2

Blues:
    Bright, High Button
    Bass Full
    Trebble Varies w/ Bass
    Horn on Cab 1/2

Rock:
    Low Button, Bright Button
    Gain Set to Distort on HARD HARD notes
    Low 3/4's open
    Mids 500hz +5
    Trebble +3
    Horn on Cab 1/2 to 3/4 (Depends on Room)

or......

I just run it flat in some rooms. Depends on how the room/band sounds. But those have been my fav. tones that ive found playing around. I use the Motown one ALOT! :)

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 24, 2021