Favorite Band with no Bass Player?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Juneau, Jul 16, 2004.

1. Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    Heh, thought it might be fun to see if anyone else has some favorite bands that happen to have no bass player. My favorite band right now doesnt have one: Soulive. Allthough Neal Evans plays some awesome lines on his roland/B3. IMO, his left hand could be voted for bass player of the year hehehe.

So lets hear em, whos your favorite band with no bass player?
  2. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    No such thing exists, IMO . . . :scowl:
  3. Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    Ok ok, I know Im blaspheming here with this question hehe.

In case anyone is interested in Soulive, here's a little preview:

Maybe hearing that might lend to some agreements on the existance of such bands lol.
  4. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
    Apparat Organ Quartet - 4 organs and a drummer.
  5. Deano Destructo

Deano Destructo Music Man/Upton addict. Hasn't slept since 1979. Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Older Nine Inch Nails (downward spiral and before) will always hold a place with me. I've always wondered why Trent was so bass-phobic unless it was synth bassed . :eyebrow:
  6. kazuhank

Nov 12, 2002
    Portland, OR
    the yeah yeah yeahs. fairly obvious pick with their recent popularity, yet they still rock :bassist:
  7. floppyfajita

Jul 31, 2003
    Pig Destroyer, obviously.
  8. Wood = Basses

Wood = Basses

Jun 19, 2003
    Iron and wine

"Creek drank up the cradle" is the ****
    "our endless numbered days" is ****
  9. sargebaker

sargebaker Commercial User

May 2, 2004
    Montreal QC CA
    owner/builder, ISLAND Instrument Mfg.
    +1 No contest IMO. Apocalyptica were kinda cool though :bag:
  10. Tenacious D...only used a bassist in a couple studio recordings, otherwise its just Jack Black and Kyle Gass
  11. Muzique Fann

Muzique Fann Howzit brah

Dec 8, 2003
    Kauai, HI
    The Doors was a good call, but they hired studio guys for records. My favorite band with no bass player is The Duo. You have to see these guys live - incredible! Two guys that sound like many more. Joe Russo plays drums like a possessed madman and Marco Benavente tickles and slams on the ivories with reckless abandon. I noticed they just changed their name to Organ and Drums...

A must listen.
  12. sargebaker

sargebaker Commercial User

May 2, 2004
    Montreal QC CA
    owner/builder, ISLAND Instrument Mfg.
    like so totaly teh White Stripes!!!!11!!! :eyebrow: remeber folks, they are like bringing back the blues or what not.
  13. Currently I would have to say Jon Spencer Blues Explosion.

14. Coutts_is_god

Coutts_is_god Guest

Dec 29, 2003
    Windsor, Ont, Canada
    The White Strips.

Whats wrong with that. I like them, big deal wanna make something off it you can talk to my two little friends Treble and matching cloths. :bassist:
  15. You, my friend, are the king of this thread! It's about time someone else noticed that Fieldy was just mock-masturbating on his bass :) give that guy some drumsticks and a bottle of Jergens!

Also, I like the Yeah Yeah Yeahs and the White Stripes, and there's a local band from my town called The Needies, which are basically what would come from throwing the White Stripes, the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, and Tenacious D into a blender (Guitar/vox and drums).
  16. Guys...I got a reality check for ya...fieldy does play bass, just a unique way ;) Give it up.