1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Favorite digitech and hardwire pedals

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Crystalman85, Nov 4, 2013.

1. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

Nov 30, 2008
    Chicago, Il.
    Here's a fun thread for those who owns digitech pedals and hardwire pedals. what is your favorite pedals from digitech and hardwire and why? it can be a stomp-box or a multi-effect processor you own. my favorite pedals from digitech is the bass driver, the bass chorus, and the bp355. I like the bass driver for it's range of distorted bass sounds. it can go from a warm overdrive to an extreme fuzz-like distortion. it's also my first bass distortion pedal. I like the bass chorus for it's smooth chorus sounds(even though it's digital). this pedal was my first bass chorus pedal. and I like the bp355 for it's large variety of effects, amp and cab model. I can create a lot of unique patches with this multi-effects processor. even though this multi-effects processor is design for bass, it also useful on guitar. not to mention that it's pretty useful for home recordings.

As for hardwire, I like the sc-2 valve distortion and the cr-7 stereo chorus. I like the sc-2 valve distortion for it's crunchy transparent distortion sounds. this pedal also works well on bass. I once spotted a youtube clip of this pedal demonstrated on bass and I was Impressed with the sound quality. that clip inspired me to purchase that pedal for myself and I plan to purchase one real soon. here's the clip that inspired me to purchase the digitech hardwire sc-2 valve distortion pedal.

And I like the cr-7 stereo chorus for it's variety of different chorus sounds. even though I never tried out this pedal on bass personally, but do like the idea of the variety of different chorus sounds in one pedal. also I've read some reviews on this pedal that it sounds phenomenal on bass. I can imagine how awesome this pedal would sound on bass. now that I've shared my favorites, feel free to share some of your favorite pedals from digitech and hardwire and what you like about these pedals.

2. Bassmike62

Bassmike62 Punch'n Ooomph provider Supporting Member

I've had the BSW, JamMan Solo, Bad Monkey (twice) and the BassDriver (still have). Like them all. Preferred the BSW, with the BD close second.

3. Adamixoye

Adamixoye A PT Pro is cool for worship, right?

Apr 9, 2012
    Occasional Beta Tester for Confusion Studios, Singular Sound, and Source Audio
    I've owned three: a BP-8, a Bass Synth Wah, and a Hardwire TL-2 Metal Distortion. I sold the BP-8 after it spent several years in storage after I had purchased a Boss GT-6B, although the BP-8 definitely had some great sounds. The other two are still on my board. The BSW might be my favorite of the group---so many good sounds, easy to dial in. But it's close, I've really enjoyed the TL-2 these last few months.

4. AaronVonRock

AaronVonRock

Feb 22, 2013
    Bangkok
    I have a Digitech Bass Synth Wah and Bass Driver. I love them both. Lots of cool sounds can be dialed with those two pedals, and they are inexpensive which is important to me. I refuse to spend more than $100 on any pedal and try to keep it to $50 or less. I got both of the Digitechs used on eBay for around $45 each.

I have a BOSS Chorus pedal but am interested in trying the Digitech version.

5. yaksonator

yaksonator Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2011
    Branson, MO
    Hardwire CM-2 great overdrive!

zapped777 likes this.
  6. The Whammy. I like it to add low octaves to heavy stuff, high octaves for melodic stuff and to shift up an octave for some high atmospheric whale call kinda stuff. And noise making. I play in a 3 piece band so I like to fill out some sound. I also enjoy the sometimes glitchy nature of it.

7. Waldo19

Waldo19

Jul 9, 2011
    I have a Bad Monkey with the "badder monkey" mod. A very nice overdrive. I also have an old DoD flashback Fuzz. When used with a blending pedal it can sound pretty cool. I've been meaning to take out the soldering iron and replace a few caps to try and get more bass response out of it.

8. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

Nov 30, 2008
    Chicago, Il.
    I use to own a digitech bass chorus and I can tell you that it's a pretty decent chorus pedal. despite that it's digital, it does have a smooth chorus sound. if you're wondering how it sounds, check out the sound samples from the digitech website.

http://www.digitech.com/en-US/products/bass-multi-chorus

9. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

Nov 30, 2008
    Chicago, Il.
    I have heard that the hardwire tl-2 metal distortion sounded phenomenal on bass. I've looked up a youtube clip of someone using that pedal on bass and it sounded pretty. here's the clip I've looked up.

I've been thinking about purchasing a hardwire sc-2 valve distortion pedal for my bass. I've heard how this pedal sounded on bass and I am impressed with what I hear. I plan to get one real soon.

10. Adamixoye

Apr 9, 2012
    The TL-2 sounds great on bass. There is a "voicing" switch and if you use the "loose" voicing the low end is fantastic.

zapped777 likes this.
  11. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

Nov 30, 2008
    Chicago, Il.
    Cool beans...I wouldn't mind giving that pedal a try. considering that I'm a bass distortion enthusiast.

12. crapusername

crapusername

Sep 26, 2005
    North Kent.UK
    endorsing artist: Dean guitars, Marshall , Rotosound strings
    Cm2

13. mmbongo

mmbongo Five Time World Champion Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    Hardwire Pedals are the most underrated pedals out there.

Tube Overdrive is a nice tube screamer type pedal that destroys a Bad Monkey, no matter what you try to do to a BM to make it sound good.

Valve Distortion is a nice pedal to add some grit.

Valve Distortion into the Tube Overdrive will get you into B3K territory for less than $100 used.
    http://chuckamuck.com/sounds/mercy/hank.mp3

Metal Distortion is very much in the territory of a Grey Stache or TAFM.

The Tremolo is fantastic.

The chromatic tuner works fine, I just prefer my Polytune.

I currently don't have any Hardwire pedals on my board now, replaced them all with uber expensive boutique pedals which are made by hand in in the Amazon Rain Forest using only the finest minerals, but if I had to go back and build a budget board I could do it with Hardwire pedals.

Normal Digitech pedals? Not so much. The bypass sucks and they can't handle any kind of hot bass signal without nasty distortion. Hardwires do not have these problems.

DagoMaino likes this.
  14. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

Nov 30, 2008
    Chicago, Il.
    Pretty cool sound sample you've posted. it does seem to sound like a darkglass b3k. also I always thought that the TL-2 sounded more like the boss ML-2 metal core, only with more lows(on the count of the tight/loose toggle switch) and a flexible eq control.

15. Adamixoye

Apr 9, 2012
    I am a little surprised to hear you say this given that those two are considered fuzz, not distortion. I was surprised how good the TL-2 sounded on bass when I plugged it in at the store, and it's maintained a spot on my board since then. I was looking for a Metal Zone-ish pedal for my guitar and feel like I got the bass for free. It's also temporarily relaxed the GAS I was starting to get for the Empress Heavy. Maybe some day...

16. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

Nov 30, 2008
    Chicago, Il.
    I always thought that the TL-2 sounded more similar to a boss ML-2 metal core. I would of figured that they have the same metallic distortion sounds, on the TL-2 has more lows(on the count of the tight/loose toggle switch). since you've mentioned a metal zone-ish pedal, I once tried my brother's boss metal zone through my friend's ampeg svt and I thought it sounded phenomenal. since that moment, I was looking for a pedal or a multi-effects processor that can deliver that sound. eventually, I have found a pedal and a multi-effects processor that can deliver me that sound. I have a zoom b3 and an ebs metaldrive. I created a patch on the zoom b3 that recreates that sound and the ebs metaldrive is definitely the one pedal that does sound like a boss metal zone through an ampeg svt. at least on the tubesim mode it sounds like that. also I didn't think of this, but the digitech bp355 can create that sound too simply by using the boss metal zone distortion model and the ampeg svt amp model. I wish I thought of that when I had the digitech bp355, but at least I've created some cool patches with the bp355.

ticol07 likes this.
  17. Vic Winters

Vic Winters Supporting Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Love the BSW. So many cools sounds, would love a programmable version with an expression pedal input.

zapped777 likes this.
  18. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

Nov 30, 2008
    Chicago, Il.
    I've recently order a digitech hardwire sc-2 valve distortion pedal from prymaxe vintage. it is the one online music store I know that has the pedal in stock. I can hardly wait until it arrives. here's the link to the website if you guys wanna check it out.

www.prymaxevintage.com

19. hardwire reverb... love the lexicon circuitry

20. HugoBazZ

HugoBazZ

May 12, 2013
    This Would be amazing !!

zapped777 likes this.