1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Favorite Victor Wooten FINGERSTYLE solos!

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by jbass65, Dec 4, 2017.

1. jbass65

jbass65

Sep 8, 2002
    Denver, Co
    Hey all,

Recently been floored by the depth of Victor Wooten's fingerstyle bass solos. It seems like his harmonic complexity and technique have taken new levels. I watched some Andrew Gouche video in a tiny corner room with Vic killing it over Elenor Rigby and I still enjoy the live Dave Matthews Band #41 solo from awhile back.

Having stepped away from his playing for the last few years, I was wondering if anyone had their own personal faves when it comes to VW's more pizzicato heavy solos...on record or "film".

Thanks
    Griff

2. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    Here's one-
    "Beaver Patrol"...from the Jaco Pastorius Big Band's The Word Id Out!

ritz likes this.
  3. jbass65

jbass65

Sep 8, 2002
    Denver, Co
    Great solo, almost sounds like it might be his tenor bass??

Thanks!

4. Clef_de_fa

Clef_de_fa Guest

Dec 25, 2011

5. kinopah

kinopah

Oct 19, 2014
    NC
    Subtlety on this fretless solo from "The Longing" has been blowing my mind since 1993. 3:14

bass12 likes this.
  6. jbass65

jbass65

Sep 8, 2002
    Denver, Co
    Great posts!

7. bass12

bass12 Basking Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2008
    Montreal, Canada
    That's the one that came to mind for me.

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 17, 2021