1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

FDeck HPF-Pre?

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by TinRoof, Apr 11, 2010.

1. TinRoof

TinRoof

Apr 4, 2010
    Norfolk, VA
    Does anyone know how to get one of these? I've tried to contact Mr.Deck about it to no avail. I've heard these things are "the greatest things since sliced bread." I'm a newb so forgive my ignorance.

2. fdeck

fdeck Supporting Member Commercial User

Mar 20, 2004
    Madison WI
    HPF Technology LLC
    PM sent with apologies!

3. Gary Lynch

Gary Lynch

Nov 18, 2008
    Sonoita AZ
    They do work well. Good design, good price, good tone.

4. Hi fdeck,
    I would like a HPF-Pre as well. Just need info on how to get in touch with you.
    Thanks,
    Brian

5. Norre

Norre

Jan 5, 2001
    Antwerp, Belgium
    I also e-mailed mr. Deck a couple of weeks ago but never got an answer :bawl:

francisdeck@tds.net

6. TinRoof

TinRoof

Apr 4, 2010
    Norfolk, VA
    to update....Mr. Deck has gotten back to me and he is very busy, so give him some time. Thanks FDeck again.

7. fdeck

Mar 20, 2004
    Madison WI
    HPF Technology LLC
    More PM's sent. Investigating what happened.

8. greenbass5

greenbass5

Sep 16, 2007
    Oklahoma City
    Probably correct. I ordered and FDeck late last week too. So he's hopping right now I'd guess.

9. Norre

Norre

Jan 5, 2001
    Antwerp, Belgium
    +1 :)

10. Just felt I should chime in here with a shout out to Fdeck and his preamp. I've been using this little box straight into the return on my GK and EA doubler and the sound out of the full circle on my bass sounds a hell of a lot better than running into the preamp on either amp. This box has some mojo, anyone else tried this?

Thanks!

11. Jazzdogg

Jazzdogg Less barking, more wagging!

Jul 29, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    I recently acquired an FDeck HPF pre II for my DB, and was very pleasantly surprised at how terrific it makes my P-bass sound!

I've attached it to my amp with velcro, and wish I could leave it plugged in all the time without killing the battery.

12. tiki613

tiki613

Mar 14, 2007
    binche Belgium
    mine just give up the ghost, I bought on this forum two years ago, and there is nothing, I am sad, so what preamp!!! :-(

13. Jazzdogg

Jul 29, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    Since FDeck is kind enough to provide the schematic on his website, a qualified electronics technician should be able to trouble shoot your HPR Pre and repair it for you without much difficulty.

14. davidilag

davidilag

Jul 26, 2008
    Hi

Can mr. fdeck ship to Denmark? Price?

-Dávid

15. Jazzdogg

Jul 29, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    I recall reading that the FDeck HPF Pre isn't sold in Europe because compliance with EU regulations is a giant PITA.

16. tiki613

tiki613

Mar 14, 2007
    binche Belgium
    I know, but we watched with a professional in electronics and when you test with a meter, there is a reaction, but when I put a jack, NADA, I tested several cable and still nothing :(

17. Ric Vice

Ric Vice Supporting Member

Jul 2, 2005
    Olivette, Missouri
    I realize this is an old post but when you run the Fdeck into the effects return you loose it's 10 megohm input impedance. The Phase Shift and High Pass Filter still work, but the impedance buffer is gone. Thought you all ought to know this.

Ric

18. fdeck

Mar 20, 2004
    Madison WI
    HPF Technology LLC
    PM sent.

19. Touch

Touch

Aug 7, 2002
    Boulder, CO

Why would you lose the 10 Mohm input impedance when you plug the output of the preamp into an effects return?

20. fdeck

Mar 20, 2004
    Madison WI
    HPF Technology LLC
    If you run your bass into the preamp, and then into your FX return, then you retain the 10 Megs. If you run the preamp through the effects loop, and use the regular input of your amp, then you get whatever impedance your amp has. I think Ric might have meant the latter. Still, it's worth finding out what impedance your amp has, because many of the newer amps sold for DB use have sufficient input impedance.