1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fearless F112 vs Genzler BA 12-3 SLT

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by MAXSPINRUN, Nov 28, 2019.

1. MAXSPINRUN

MAXSPINRUN Supporting Member

Apr 10, 2012
    Knoxville, Tn
    I have read both of these cabs are top rated. Is there anybody that has used both? From what I understand, dispersion with both is superior without the beaming effect you get with conventional woofer tweeter. Which of these two cabs do you favor and why. Would welcome the feedback.

2. Never played that genzler cab, but I've played everything in the fearless line up. Probably will come down to what you want to hear. For me the fEARless is the right choice, as it is going to go lower.

MAXSPINRUN and pacojas like this.
  3. MAXSPINRUN

Apr 10, 2012
    Knoxville, Tn
    Thanks for your input. Ed Friedland reviewed both and not really endorsing either, seemed to favor the F112, although that review was way before doing the BA 12-3 SLT REVIEW. There is a 200.00 dif. Between the two cabs which is not a huge diff. when you get to that level of quality and performance IMHO. Anxious to hear other comments.

4. Foz

Foz

Jul 26, 2008
    Jax FL USA
    They both look pretty well though out to me but FWIW I gather Ed is still rocking his Fearless cab on a regular basis and loving it. Maybe ask him?

MAXSPINRUN and HolmeBass like this.
  5. 2BitHack

2BitHack

Nov 11, 2014
    AZ
    imabuddha and MAXSPINRUN like this.
  6. MAXSPINRUN

Apr 10, 2012
    Knoxville, Tn
    Thanks for the link. A lot of good observations in that shootout.

7. fast slapper

fast slapper

Dec 11, 2001
    Fresno, CA
    The Fearless has a much more capable driver in it if you have the power to drive it.

MAXSPINRUN likes this.
  8. MAXSPINRUN

Apr 10, 2012
    Knoxville, Tn
    Mesa D800+. 400 watts into 8 ohm load.

9. fast slapper

fast slapper

Dec 11, 2001
    Fresno, CA
    Won't be a big difference in overall spl with that power. You will be able to dial in more lows if desired with the fearless. It has a potential 6db output advantage below 100hz. Dispersion pattern is a tossup.

I like the overall package of the fearless better. As I've been saying for years, it's hard to beat kappalites for output per cubic foot without spending considerably more money.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2019
    MAXSPINRUN, Foz and pacojas like this.
  10. MAXSPINRUN

Apr 10, 2012
    Knoxville, Tn
    Great feedback. I am very curious about the dispersion difference. Thanks again.

11. fast slapper

fast slapper

Dec 11, 2001
    Fresno, CA
    The Faital FE22 used in the Genzler has very wide dispersion from the low mids to 5khz and slightly narrower above that but consistent.

When vertically arrayed, you lose vertical dispersion depending on the length of the array. I assume this is why the slant version exists. Stacking three slant cabs would be a really low compromise solution as done in prosound line arrays. See Presonus CDL.

The F12 will have slightly narrower dispersion horizontally but will have overall wider dispersion vertically.

For a small single cab solution I would go for the fearless. For a modular stack Genzler makes a lot of sense.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2019
    MAXSPINRUN likes this.
  12. The Genzler is crossed over at 800hz the line array produces ALL above.
    The slant helps get it to your ears when close to it like a kick back.

Both cabs are great so it is hard to choose on paper. The Fear cabs will go a bit lower and go higher if it has the tweeter.

MAXSPINRUN likes this.
  13. fast slapper

fast slapper

Dec 11, 2001
    Fresno, CA
    Yup. The problem with straight pointing arrays is that they beam a lot vertically. At 12" long, they will beam above 1khz. Not a problem as long as you're within the beam.

Presonus CDL is a more refined version of the Genzler arrays.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2019
    MAXSPINRUN likes this.
  14. MAXSPINRUN

Apr 10, 2012
    Knoxville, Tn
    Great point s about dispersion. Thank you guys so much for the insight. Seems as though both cabs have pluses and minuses. Thanks again.

S-Bigbottom and fast slapper like this.