1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Feedback - song structure

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by qfbass, Sep 24, 2018.

1. Howdy,
    [TLDR at bottom]
    I was hoping for some feedback on the structure of this song I've written. I've always been into songs which throw traditional song structure out the window and break up your expectations. I don't intentionally try to write songs like that, but they do turn out that way. One idea flows into another while I write, rather than feeling (to me) like it wants to loop back to a verse or chorus I've already written.
    It's almost done - just needs an ending sorted out, some vocals and a flugelhorn recorded. The 'bass solo' is actually a call-response melody between a flugelhorn and vocals which aren't in there yet, so that will sound a bit more like an intense chorus when it's done.

TLDR: How do you feel about the structure of this song? Any constructive suggestions for adjustments?

Dropbox - Song 12 predemo3.mp3

2. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 25, 2021