1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

feedback

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by bdparmet, Mar 27, 2006.

1. bdparmet

bdparmet

Feb 11, 2006
    Hey all,

I'm new to the acoustic bass and having a lot of trouble with feedback even in a small combo situation. I've dampened the strings behind the bridge, which helped a fair bit, but I still can't get my volume up to where I can really hear myself over the rest of the band. Are there other tricks you can recommend?

2. bolo

bolo

May 29, 2005
    Apex, NC
    What type of pickup / mic and amp are you using? If you can fill out your TalkBass profile at "My TalkBass", it's real helpful to me & to others so they can look at your background info.

For one thing, standing right in front of your amp can sometimes cause problems. If it does, try to position yourself where your speaker's direct line of fire can't "see" your bass.

Actually, if I stand close enough so the amp is firing right into my DB, sometimes I can get that "controlled feedback" thing goin', kinda like Jack Casady with Jefferson Airplane & Hot Tuna. ;)