Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

FEILDY!!!!

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by eric234, May 12, 2005.

1. eric234

eric234 Guest

Mar 11, 2005
    philadelphia
    man i love feildy's playing who else shares my appreciation?

2. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    I think he fits Korn perfect... they have a unique vibe. Beyond that, I can't say much other than I really thought his solo disc was weak.

Threads about him generally don't last long as he is a popular target for some...

If anyone bashes Fieldy, please use the "report post" link and it will be taken care of...

If anyone is planning on bashing Fieldy in this thread, please don't

3. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    I think he fits the first few Korn records really well. I like a bunch of those tracks. I'd like to hear him branch out with his material. I disliked his solo cd, and I have a feeling Korn is cooked at this point, so who knows what will happen with his sound.

I get tired of the cutting on Fieldy, it's been done.

4. Tash

Tash

Feb 13, 2005
    Bel Air Maryland
    Thread edited by Cassanova

5. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

I have no opinion on Fieldy whatsoever, but why are his fans always people who misuse spelling and capitalisation, who have usernames full of numbers? :confused:

6. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Fieldy fits Korn perfectly, and I really dig their first album, too bad they kept repeating themself..

7. Yeah, i think that's more obvious than with any other band.

Other than that, i saw Korn live at a festival, and they were the best of all bands (which werer rhcp and metallica among others)

8. conk97

conk97

May 2, 2005
    redditch, uk
    well i have to say i love fieldy (not feildy), not cause of his talent but because he is the bassist that got me intersted in playing bass. :bag:

9. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    the BBC gives a pretty good run down
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/A787917"

10. Matteran

Matteran Banned

Jan 1, 2005
    Santa Rosa, CA
    i appreciate his unique tone and playing style.

He gives Korn their most unique asset, and without him they would not have become as big as they did.

Before becoming a bassist, i always wondered what that was, and just thought it gave them a unique power to their sound, now i realize it's a bass. I appreciate the fact he can get that tone... I'm boggled as to how he dials in all those highs without it getting harsh (probably just top of the line gear).

I'm a fan of mids, i have more mids than bass by a long shot, so i don't emulate his tone, but i can appreciate it.

Also, I agree, they are awesome live. I got the chance to see them, and they were the best band there (vs. Ozzy, Marilyn Manson, Disturbed, etc. (Ozzfest)).

11. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

I've heard about that - but why is it invariably associated with Fieldy fans...:confused: ?

12. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    it's not... it's associated with internet and online gaming savy pre to early teenagers. That just happens to be Korn's target market.

13. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Yeah, I would never consider trying out his tone... but mixed with the thick and low distorted guitars it works some how. I've played with a couple of guitarists (with some playing and living years under their belts) that dig Korn. They dug Fieldy's style and tone... they said the busier he is the more supportive he becomes. Can't say I agree... but I get where they are coming from.

14. Dan1099

Dan1099 Dumbing My Process Down

Aug 7, 2004
    Michigan
    I don't like him, personally, but he has an interesting approach. He's almost more of a percussionist than a bass player. All his playing is nearly pitch devoid, and works more as a strange drum effect. It's definitely a different approach to bridging the gap between drums and guitars.

15. Tash

Tash

Feb 13, 2005
    Bel Air Maryland
    Whatever works, that is kind of our job is it not?

16. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Hahah, it's been a long time... hasn't it.

I don't mind Korn's music, but ol' JD on the vocals whines too much.

17. Dan1099

Dan1099 Dumbing My Process Down

Aug 7, 2004
    Michigan
    John Denver sings for Korn? Wow. Color me suprised.
    :) :) :)

18. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Yeah, the Korn/Muppets Christmas album blows me away though...

19. well, i like fieldy as well. i think although people do have issues with his playing style and attitude, i don't think anyone else could take his place.

20. BassGod

BassGod

Jan 21, 2004
    "0w|\| or 0wn3d - One of the most popular l33t words it is very loosely defined as beaten or can simply be an expression of awe, for example, 'I 0wn3d you' means 'I have beaten you in a very humiliating fashion', or '0wn4ge!' which means 'That was (or is) very nifty'."

I don't have much to add to thread, but I thought this quote was hilarious.

And Fieldy? Well, I've never payed much attention to his playing, as I don't really like Korn.

Graeme