1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

Fender 1964 Jazz sparkle gold

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by basmicke, Sep 14, 2010.

1. seedokebass

seedokebass

Mar 21, 2009
    Minnesota
    First time for me seeing this bass. If it's legit, wow! Very cool piece, though the price makes no sense. You'd think the seller would price competitively. Didn't Bass Northwest sell a 64 Jazz in Olympic white w/matching headstock for around $15k?

Don't forget the tats!

2. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

Don't tell Dick Dale. He'll think you be dissin' his gold Strat.

3. johnk_10

johnk_10 vintage bass nut Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 16, 2008
    Washington, Utah
    John K Custom Basses
    in a way, he doesn't have to. although i think he is asking too much, oly white is common as compared to a sparkle gold. i'd be willing to bet that they made less of the sparkle gold ones than you could count on both hands, maybe even one hand.

4. panama

panama

May 26, 2009
    Detroit
    I am definitely not a vintage fender expert

5. johnk_10

Feb 16, 2008
    Washington, Utah
    John K Custom Basses
    you made that obvious in your previous post.

6. panama

panama

May 26, 2009
    Detroit
    heyo!

7. johnk_10

Feb 16, 2008
    Washington, Utah
    John K Custom Basses
    :D

8. Shadi

Shadi Supporting Member

Feb 22, 2008
    Carbondale, IL
    When I get home from work, I'll try to post the one crappy poloroid picture I have of my dad and his 1964 gold sparkle Jazz bass. It did not have a matching headstock. Speaking of which, it was unique in that the headstock logo said just "Fender" not "Jazz Bass" or anything else. He traded it in 1968 for a new Telecaster Bass, that I still have to this day.

9. Tom Howland

Tom Howland Supporting Member

Feb 11, 2003
    :cool:
    This is true.
    I've seen a P-bass with this type of sparkle. (Red)
    And, a friend has a early 60's Tele, in blue sparkle.
    Fender did do this.

10. 6jase5

6jase5 Mammogram is down but I'm working manually

Dec 17, 2007
    San Diego/LA

Not so much. Being smart enough to earn a good salary equates usually to being smart enough not to get suckered.

11. The bass really tickles my fancy, but I wouldn't pay more than 20K for it (assuming I had the cash, which of course, I don't).

12. panama

panama

May 26, 2009
    Detroit
    Not to mention spending 20% of your annual income on a bass would be the dumbest thing ever.

Should someone making 50k/year spend 10k on a bass? No.

13. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 10, 2021