1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender acoustic bass guitars!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Melik, Mar 4, 2010.

1. Does anybody have any experience with a Fender acoustic bass guitar (except the Bailey sig)? How do they sound? Is it a good instrument to invest your money on? :confused:

2. Hello Melik,

I have a Fender BG-29 Acoustic bass that I bought back in the 90's. I picked it up one day in a music store just to check it out and could not put it down. It is very easy to play, due to it being short scale, it is actually not much larger than an acoustic guitar. It has a great acoustic tone unplugged and sounds good plugged in as well. I've played everything from Rock to Bluegrass on it and it has worked for me in every situation. At this point I don't think I will ever part with her so I guess that makes it a good investment for me. I like to have it around just to pick up and jam on when the urge arises.

3. Thanks for your opinion, it really helped!

4. BLYN

BLYN

May 16, 2009
    The BG32 is also a very nice acoustic. Mine is from 2003.
    Not a lot of acoustic volume, but a warm and wood sounding electric sound.

Attached Files:

• bg.jpg
      bg.jpg
      File size:
      13 KB
      Views:
  5. Boogiedude

Boogiedude

Mar 1, 2010
    Just picked up a Fender BG31-CAR 3 weeks ago and have not put it down since. I previously owned an Ibanez acoustic. The Fender is a much better bass. If you get one, make sure to pick up the rubber hole stopper upper. It will keep the feedback at bay when you plug it it.

Attached Files:

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 27, 2020