1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Fender aerodyne question?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by DeadGoonz, Mar 7, 2013.

1. I am considering buying this bass, but I am wondering if this particular model comes stock with the pick guard or if this is something that was added. I have looked around and it does not seem as this is a stock pick guard. Thanks for any input.

Attached Files:

2. Ukiah Bass

Ukiah Bass Supporting Member

May 10, 2006
  3. Thanks for your help. I did not believe it came from the factory with one. I will post on the thread you supplied. Thanks again.

4. OldDog52

OldDog52 Gold Supporting Member

Jan 1, 2011
    If it was a Japan-only model, it would have fret dots/markers. Looks like someone added a pickguard to a US model?

5. Ukiah Bass

Ukiah Bass Supporting Member

May 10, 2006
    Hard to say. I love the look of my Aerodyne withOUT the pickguard. Plus it's lighter without. :)

6. Peeferperry

Peeferperry

Jul 31, 2013
    I saw one somewhere with a white pearl pick guard and chrome knob plate and it was the prettiest bass I've ever seen. So much so that I'm looking at buying a relic and doing it up as I can afford it and of course fitting these two extra bits, stunning!

7. NightCat

NightCat

Apr 4, 2013
    Oregon
    Why do they only come in Black? I am not interested in buying any black bass.