1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Fender bass strings.

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Cutty, Jan 21, 2012.

1. Cutty

Cutty

Jun 25, 2006
    U.K.
    Are they made by D'addario?i was wondering as they have the coloured ball ends.

2. jabsys

jabsys

Mar 30, 2011
    UK
    Don't know if they are, but the 7250's sound the same as the D'Addario EXL's to me.

3. TimB 619

TimB 619

May 28, 2010
    Cape Cod, MA
    They have colored ball ends, but those are of Fender colors. Biggest difference is that D'addario D strings have a black colored ball end, and Fender uses silver.

I just strung up one of my Peavey Milleniums with Fender 7250L rounds. They sounded great at the gig last night! Very full sounding string, with plenty of punch to cut thru the mix. I find that Fender rounds have a percussiveness to them that I haven't found in other rounds. The only problem is-I can't decide if I like them better than the 7150 pure nickels yet.

I like Fenders new flats as well.

4. I really like Fender 7250M (45-105) on my Fender.
    They are a little tough on the fingers but tone heaven on that bass. Only $25 shipped on ebay.

My favs; D Addario, Dr, Labella, Roto's & Fenders

D Addarios are the best bang for the buck I reckon, so cheap, but
    the others aren't too much more when there's deals on ebay.

5. We've come to the conclusion that the stock Fender strings are made by D'Addario to Fender specs.

6. jabsys I think you said it best, they sound like D'Addarios. I have 7250s on my standard J and P and 8250s on my American Standard and Deluxe Js and they don't sound like the old strings at all. The 7250s aren't that bad but 8250s sound like stainless steel and nothing like the old strings. And the tapers aren't as severe on the B and E strings either.

7. Fender and D'Addadrio aren't saying, and some here have said yes and some say no. There are some differences between the two brands' strings. I have used both set's of bronze ABG strings and their flatwounds and found some diffrences in sound and tension. This does not mean the D'Addario does not make Fender strings, but may mean they build them to Fender's specs and are not necessarily just rebranded strings.

8. Sleeq

Sleeq

Feb 13, 2008
    Lebanon/Kuwait
    Nothing will replace the old version of Fender Flats.

A low down dirty shame.

9. PuffusMaximus

PuffusMaximus

May 31, 2011
    A longtime manager in QC I know says that the strings are D'addarios

10. jasper383

jasper383 Supporting Member

Dec 5, 2004
    Durham NC
    +1