1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

fender big block precision

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Platypus_Of_420, Dec 30, 2005.

1. anyone played one of these babies? they look orgasmic, but the single humbucker kinda makes it look plain, i could marry the fretboard though, and dont be surprised if i do. its amazing. i've been trying to look for one locally even though i have a very serious disorder called lazy ass and havnt looked anywhere else besides my GC. anyways, i'm curious to know how the humbucker sounds

2. origami

origami

Jun 26, 2005
    Big D TEXAS
    i just ordered the big block p-bass from fender thru guitar center. supposedly no guitar center in the country has one.

GC owns musiciansfriend.com, but can not get product off the website, nor could i used my guitar center gift cards on musiciansfriend.com

i was given a few hundred bucks in GC gift cards for x-mas from various family members. my original goal was to buy a dean pace upright, but GC is not a dean dealer. even though GC owns musician's friend (who carries the dean pace) they could not get it for me.

i went to many GCs around DFW but nothing jumped out at me used or new for what i was willing to spend (under 800). so i ordered the big block bass. it'll take about @30-45 days to get here :crying: i'll review the bass for TBers it once i play it both in live and rehearsal.

i got the big block because i like the blocks (like my geddy) and i am a fan of the G&L 1000, and the stingray and this seemed like a good fender stab at those basses. i need an active EQ bass anyhow.

i wish it came in another color other than black and was 24 frets, and there is no reason for a coil tap. fender still needs to re-release the precision elite!

mm

3. jazzbo58

jazzbo58 Bassist for My Man Godbey

Apr 21, 2001
    New Orleans, LA USA
    Music 123 has them for $769.

Jim

4. lookin' forward to that review, i havn't even been able to find reviews on it. i'd be bummed out if i had to wait that long for a bass. and i've decided that GC is evil and not worth the time, + their ****ty ass customer support

5. (Is it just me or does this thread come up once every two weeks?)

My friend has one of these- I don't know why he bought it, but he did (all for looks). It's not a bad bass- better than your average P-Bass at least. Whenever I play it, I say to myself, "Wow! It's almost a Stingray!".

I wouldn't recommend buying it- just have one of your friends get it so you can go over to his house and play it all the time (like me! :D ).

6. it depends on where you go. Not ALL GC's are bad...