Fender Custom Shop Club

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Fletz, Sep 22, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Midak

Midak

Sep 4, 2011
    Athens, Greece

Good to have you back all, too. :)

Yes, I am the original owner. I am aware of the lifetime warranty, but due to the COVID-19 situation and all the delays, I trusted my own technician to do the fix. It cost more than to sent it to USA, but I gained time and immediate interaction. What is more, I helped a local technician in such difficult times.

In the end, all went smoothly, and that's all that counts. :)

2. SJLee

SJLee Supporting Member

Nov 7, 2007
    NoVA
    I figured you probably were aware. :thumbsup: I only mention it as my first FCS bass was used and I wasn’t aware of their warranty until I purchased new. Glad everything worked out and that you have your bass working again. :bassist:

Midak likes this.
  3. Midak

Midak

Sep 4, 2011
    Athens, Greece
    You did good mentioning it, it is definitely worth noting for any CS owner that is not aware of it. :thumbsup:

Oh yes, everything went smoothly; the bass was in perfectly playing condition (but with a slightly high action), but the truss rod started to be unable to bring the neck to its proper position. Now it plays like a dream, and stays that way. :smug: Thank you for your interest, @SJLee. :)

Ah, I missed you all and our CS instrument club. :) As I can see, there are some wonderful new additions here. :cool:

SJLee, Vandevliet and FenderOli like this.
  4. projectapollo

projectapollo Supporting Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Tennessee
    Love that Cunetto Jazz!

wysiwyg248 likes this.
  5. TB24

TB24

May 5, 2009
    Seattle, WA
    Welcome back @Midak :)

Midak likes this.
  6. etaym

etaym Gold Supporting Member

Mar 28, 2005
    Newton, MA
    Hi club members! A quick background:
    Like many - I owned many Fenders over the years - from vintage ones to modern ones. I never really bonded with any of them, nothing ever clicked, even with some basses I always thought were the holy grail (70s P and Js).
    I gave up and became a "never Fender" type (although I did like several Fender style basses - specifically Lakland... Sadowsky didn't click for me either).

Then, for some reason, I decided to go all in and get a CS to see how it is. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM! Mind blown. The Postmodern P blew me away and I completely fell in love! Since getting it I also got a Tony Franklin (very nice, considering I am a lousy fretless player) and a American Original 70s Jazz which is awesome.

Below is the picture of the Postmodern.

And..... since it was such a great instrument I decided to create a J version with my vision - The Postmodern Jazz! I put the order in late last year and it is due in 6 months. A 66 J body, the P postmodern neck (which is a J), same bridge as the postmodern with strings through. Already thinking about another one with a 70s spacing and some crazy finish ideas :)

IMG_3980.jpg

bdgotoh, TB24, SJLee and 11 others like this.
  7. _Obra_

_Obra_

Feb 22, 2011
    Dictatorship
    I understand You. Got mine Postmodern few months ago and are completely in love with it.

Attached Files:

8. ericsmith

ericsmith

Dec 22, 2008
    Finland
    Trying to decide on a CS Precision bass color.
    I'm looking for a pastel color over color combination with a matching headstock, mint or parchment pickguard and rosewood fretboard.

I'm thinking about Dakota Red over firemist gold or sonic blue/surf green/etc over some shade of red...

Relic or journeyman relic, though I wonder how much the color underneath shows on a journeyman relic. Maybe it would come through with time and use.

Any suggestions?

porterbass likes this.
  9. porterbass

porterbass Supporting Member

Jul 11, 2013
    Chicago
    Sonic Blue over sunburst is very interesting as it wears, although I do like the red over gold idea.

ericsmith likes this.
  10. Pino with gold pickg.. how do you like it? :)
    22B904D6-16A8-40B0-9797-5B3EF0D500DA.jpeg

SJLee, murphy, Ace Of Bass and 2 others like this.
  11. Ace Of Bass

Ace Of Bass A Rooster Illusion

Jun 27, 2006
    DC
    It definitely works..

12. Bass4ThePublic

Bass4ThePublic Supporting Member

Jan 27, 2019
    Kansas City
  13. D Bopp

D Bopp Supporting Member

May 26, 2007
    Alpharetta, GA
    Newest CS Fender. Got it locally a few weeks ago. It's killer. I've played it at my church gig the past 2 weeks and it really cuts through the mix nicely.
    1A220744-C9B2-4610-BBEF-20E4A8324810.jpeg CF74A80D-6393-47EA-B0FA-97788A3E8398.jpeg AC37AAB9-C2AA-469E-8B37-11DE93625DC1.jpeg 12224453-00C4-4256-BCA0-42BDC8543314.jpeg 7620C970-3331-4D71-880B-46EB54BBE914.jpeg

14. TB24 and ExaltBass like this.
  15. 6DA1798A-430E-435B-900D-4F3C2C4CD10E.jpeg

SJLee, TB24 and ExaltBass like this.
  16. MObasshead

MObasshead Supporting Member

Apr 14, 2012
    Missouri
  17. Cdnbassnut

Cdnbassnut

Jan 18, 2021
    Hi all. Great thread. Thanks for all the pics.

I'm wondering if anybody could share their thoughts/experienced with wait times in the COVID era? I ordered a bass in mid-March, 2020. So it’s been a year and a bit.

I'm actually in no hurry for the bass. My main concern is lack of communication from my dealer (Tundra). They have a less than stellar customer service track record.
    In fairness, I was told there would not be much communication. I did expect something though.
    Wonder if anybody knows any info about current build times?

18. Rich_Briere

Rich_Briere

Jul 31, 2003
    2 points. :)
    #1. NEVER do business with a dealer who has less than a 5 star rating.

#2. Call the Custom Shop or Fender Customer Service and make sure your order is in the system.

Bonus Points: I was a Fender DSM for 12 Years and ordered an Anniversary Jazz Bass last year......through one of my Favorite ***** dealers. This wasn't even a Custom Shop Bass....it was production. After a dozen screw ups with the order (The bass will ship tomorrow. The bass will Ship in 9 weeks. The Bass will ship in a Year) I made a promise to myself. Despite having Won every Award that Fender had to give, I won't purchase another Fender product for the Remainder of my time on Earth. I'd rather be tied down and have my Eyes Eaten by Rabid Gypsies. Bassed of Luck to Ya'. :)

Attached Files:

19. projectapollo

projectapollo Supporting Member

Aug 12, 2009
    Tennessee
    SJLee and TB24 like this.
  20. SJLee

SJLee Supporting Member

Nov 7, 2007
    NoVA
    Thought I would take advantage of an overcast day and snap a few of the group.

IMG_6701.JPG IMG_6699.JPG

TB24, PizzaFiend, murphy and 12 others like this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 22, 2021