Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fender Deluxe Jazz (MIM)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by KeithBMI, Aug 26, 2005.

1. Well, I went to Guitar Center and I wanted a Fender Jazz Deluxe in sunburst. There were none there... or in the other 100+ GCs, so he called Fender... even they didn't have one! So... they are making one just for me. I should have a new 2005 Fender Jazz Deluxe in sunburst near the end of September. For now, he let me use the one they had. It's not as sexy, but it's close!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. That is the exact bass that I am getting (black). I was going to get the sunburst as well, but my dealert old me it would probably be mid to late october before i'd get it, so i got the black. hmm, that pickguard looks better than in the picture i have. :hyper: I'll have mine mid september

3. Yea, it's beautiful. They even let me take the pickguard plastic off! However, I can't seem to get the plastic off around the knobs. I don't want to take off the knobs, and I can't cut the plastic. :meh:

4. jmain

jmain Oo, Uhn't uh, Yes! Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2005
    Alexandria, VA
    I was looking for a black/tortoise one. I like the combo, but the sunburst is just classic cool. The local GC had the one I was looking for, but it was beat down. I like the necks and the active electronics are flexible. Good choice.

5. Nice score man! How's it sound and play?

6. It sounds great! The second I touched it, I sold my Ibanez and lit my SX on fire. There are hundreds of sounds you can get just by turning the bass, mid, and treble, and pickup knobs. I can go from deep bass that will rattle windows, to high treble that sounds like an guitar. The longer I own this, the more and more things I will be able to discover. This is my first "real" active bass. The Ibanez was active, but It just had a bass boost.

The noiseless pickups that come with it are awesome, and the strings are actually decent. You can't beat the jazz neck! It fits like a glove. :smug:

(The volume knob and pickup selector knob, is my favorite setup)

7. jmain

jmain Oo, Uhn't uh, Yes! Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2005
    Alexandria, VA
    LOL!

I think that one is the best looking IMO. I felt the same way about the electronics. I played a black/tort in GC just to check it out b/c I had been saving up money for one. I would have bought it on the spot, but it was scratched up pretty bad and had lots of buckle rash. Really looked like a used one. The pics of the one you got looks awesome.