Fender Deluxe Jazz (MIM)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by KeithBMI, Aug 26, 2005.

1. Well, I went to Guitar Center and I wanted a Fender Jazz Deluxe in sunburst. There were none there... or in the other 100+ GCs, so he called Fender... even they didn't have one! So... they are making one just for me. I should have a new 2005 Fender Jazz Deluxe in sunburst near the end of September. For now, he let me use the one they had. It's not as sexy, but it's close!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. That is the exact bass that I am getting (black). I was going to get the sunburst as well, but my dealert old me it would probably be mid to late october before i'd get it, so i got the black. hmm, that pickguard looks better than in the picture i have. :hyper: I'll have mine mid september

3. Yea, it's beautiful. They even let me take the pickguard plastic off! However, I can't seem to get the plastic off around the knobs. I don't want to take off the knobs, and I can't cut the plastic. :meh:

4. jmain

jmain Oo, Uhn't uh, Yes!

Apr 23, 2005
    Alexandria, VA
    I was looking for a black/tortoise one. I like the combo, but the sunburst is just classic cool. The local GC had the one I was looking for, but it was beat down. I like the necks and the active electronics are flexible. Good choice.

5. Nice score man! How's it sound and play?

6. Beautiful color combo!

7. It sounds great! The second I touched it, I sold my Ibanez and lit my SX on fire. There are hundreds of sounds you can get just by turning the bass, mid, and treble, and pickup knobs. I can go from deep bass that will rattle windows, to high treble that sounds like an guitar. The longer I own this, the more and more things I will be able to discover. This is my first "real" active bass. The Ibanez was active, but It just had a bass boost.

The noiseless pickups that come with it are awesome, and the strings are actually decent. You can't beat the jazz neck! It fits like a glove. :smug:

(The volume knob and pickup selector knob, is my favorite setup)

8. jmain

jmain Oo, Uhn't uh, Yes!

Apr 23, 2005
    Alexandria, VA
    LOL!

I think that one is the best looking IMO. I felt the same way about the electronics. I played a black/tort in GC just to check it out b/c I had been saving up money for one. I would have bought it on the spot, but it was scratched up pretty bad and had lots of buckle rash. Really looked like a used one. The pics of the one you got looks awesome.