1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender Japan

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Mosfed, Jun 2, 2014.

1. Mosfed

Mosfed

Apr 21, 2013
    Chamonix Mont-Blanc
    Partner - CCP Pedals
    Man why does Fender japan seem to make all the coolest basses coming out of Fender right now. Bound jazz basses, thinline jazz, koa precisions, whale blue quilt basses, everything.

How would one go about ordering from them? Find a store in Japan? I know some of them end up on ebay but you don't see that much in the west.

Here are a few jewels off of their site

Attached Files:

dome likes this.
  2. Jazzish

Jazzish

Mar 5, 2006
  3. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    There's a bunch on ebay. Shipping seems to usually be a little under $200. I know there's a Japanese website that people have bought from. I'm sure someone will chime in with the URL.

4. Low town

Low town

Apr 20, 2014
    Woah - nice. I have owned two CIJs and been very impressed with the quality.

5. Go to a Japanese website and check to see if they ship to the US. Would probably be expensive.

6. Low town

Low town

Apr 20, 2014
    I have never seen that Fender Japan website - I thought Fender was Fender.

That is like a whole new world of Fender, but better looking :) Sweet.

7. http://www.fenderjapan.co.jp/

Your browser should ask you if you want it translated for you since the entire website is in Japanese.

Well, it's because they're a helluva lot better made than MIMs

8. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    Massachusetts
    I hate how companies offer different things depending on what country you're in. Half the time the thing I want, color etc.. isn't offered here.

9. Dude...half of what's on that site is MIAs and MIMs!

10. chuck norriss

chuck norriss Banned

Jan 20, 2011
    It's the MIJ stuff that counts.

11. I got that...but their prices for their import stuff is whack!

12. chuck norriss

chuck norriss Banned

Jan 20, 2011
    yea not cheap

13. Worth the price? I don't know...

14. newyorkiddo

newyorkiddo I'm actually a cat.

Jul 10, 2013
    that koa aerodyne is what i'm saving up for right now :)

15. jd-ns

jd-ns

Sep 28, 2010
    Canada
    The 2 MIJ fenders I have owned ('66 reissue jazz and Steve Harris P) are better than any MIA fenders I have owned.

16. Remember currency rats change everyday so don't save up exactly how much you need to pay: save more...you never know...

And I once had a CIJ Geddy. Wow, better than any MIA ever.

17. There is a fairly small percentage of big winners and big losers coming off the line at every factory, regardless of location - and the majority of offerings is everything in-between: aggressive mediocrity. It's possible to get lucky and score a big winner from any location.

As far as variety and innovation - there is no question that Fender Japan SMOKES Fender US. Just examine the amazing number of models Fender Japan sports. Look closely at the photos of Fender Japan offerings by the OP. Pretty awesome if you ask me.

If you are enamored by things like this:

[​IMG]

Save your bucks and while you are at it - save enough for airfare. Go to Japan and play them - make sure you take home a big winner.

Nothing too complicated about it.

BassHappy

18. DeathFromBelow

DeathFromBelow Never Forget. Banned

Dec 23, 2010
    Horten, Norway
    Where do you get that impression? A far as I know, everything on the Fender Japan site is, well, Fender Japan. Care to point out any specific models?

19. mr.mow

mr.mow

Feb 11, 2009
    Melbourne
    Endorsing Artist: BBE/G&L Basses
    Fender Japan and fender are different companies, think of fender Japan as a company licensing the name and respective shapes for use locally.