Fender Neck Questions

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by fenderbluesdude, Nov 24, 2004.

1. sorry no pictures here, just had to get your attention.

i want to put a new neck on my fender MIM jazz bass, the neck i want to use is the is one by fender, its a 1962 reissue neck that cost $299. http://www.guitarpartsresource.com/bass_necksfender.htm

but my real question is what tuners do i have to use will the hipshot hb2 tuners work? it says that the neck is already drilled for vintage tuners and i think those are the reverse tuners which i hate!!! will the hipshot NB2 tuners fit on this neck?????

2. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    After teh neck and tuners you will be paying about the same as that bass costs. Why?
  3. i am thinking about this and it might be better to jsut get a new bass
  4. r379

Jul 28, 2004
    Dallas, Texas
    If you want another Jazz, you have all sorts of choices. For instance:

Fender Hwy 1: Some folks don't like them but I think they work well. Find a good one. Quality control isn't what it might be. Play before you buy.

Fender '60s reissue (MIM): Very nice bass for the money. It would not embarass me to own one. Again, play before you buy. Both this bass and the HWY 1 are avaiable at reasonable prices used.

Used lakland Skyline JO (used): Best of the bunch. I would probably be willing to buy one of these used without playing it first.
  5. Ralphdaddy

Ralphdaddy Supporting Member

Nov 6, 2003
    Chicago, Illinois
    I don't appreciate your ruse.
    My what?
    Your ruse, your cunning attempt to trick me.

Sorry, it just seemed so perfect :p
  6. thanks for the sugestions. i have tried both the 60s reissue bass, and the high way 1 bass, and did not like either. the 60s was better though.
  7. Ralphdaddy

Nov 6, 2003
    Chicago, Illinois
    What??? No one's ever seen Clerks??? A crime, one of my favorite quotes from that movie, everyone needs to rent it. Low budget, Kevin Smith's first film but it's just awesome!
  8. Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    Bluesdude.. change the title of the post. It makes you seem like a stooge.

Anywho, I'm pretty sure that the neck will accept any standard 1/2" tuners. The 3/8" are smaller tuners that need smaller holes.
  9. Stevious G

Stevious G

May 5, 2003
    I don't appreciate your ruse, ma'am.

I beg your pardon!

(reading on)
    Your ruse. Your cunning attempt to
    trick me.

(defending herself)
    I only pointed out that you weren't
    paying any attention to what I was

(turning page and reading)
    I hope it feels good.

You hope what feels good?

I hope it feels so good to be right.
    There is nothing more exhilarating
    than pointing out the shortcomings
    of others, is there?

The INDECISIVE CUSTOMER wears a face that belies utter
    disbelief in the audacity of this most lackadaisical video
    clerk. The unmoving newspaper illustrates the total
    disinterest of the news-hungry RANDAL. The INDECISIVE
    CUSTOMER shakes her head in disgust and throws the movies
    back onto the wall.

(in a huff)
    Well this is the last time I ever
    rent here...

You'll be missed.

(losing it altogether)
    Screw you!

She storms out. RANDAL is offended. He hops over the counter
    and whips the door open.

(calling after her)
    You're not allowed to rent here

*I saw Kevin Smith in Toronto last weekend, where he was taping for his new live DVD, "Evening Harder." It was friggin'BRILLIANT!*
  10. it talks about being 11/16 thoigh i think thats what they say 11/something, not 1/2
  11. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Personally, I wouldn't put that much money into an MIM Fender, either. But to each his own, I guess.

I also changed the title of your thread to something that makes a little more sense to what the thread is about.
  12. thanks, sorry i did that.

yea will this bass is special i like the way it sounds , it just needs a better neck, and some nice tuners.
  13. Neither would I, sell it and upgrade IMO.

14. i cant sell this sucker it has so much frekin dongs in i can even count!!!!!, i dont dont why it is so bad to you guys but i love this thing! if i get that neck some tuners and bad ass bridge this thing will absolutly kcik ass!!

15. Go for it then.
  16. Ralphdaddy

Nov 6, 2003
    Chicago, Illinois
    10 brownie points to Stevious G, excellent quotation, nice form and a Kevin Smith viewing, good work sir!