1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender PreAmp Pot broken

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Lucas Cheadle, Apr 1, 2021.

1. Lucas Cheadle

Lucas Cheadle Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2021
    Indianola, WA
    Hi- A pot shaft broke on my Elite/Ultra style Jazz Bass preamp. the Fender part # 7708254000. Since it is a single circuit board the easiest fix is to replace the whole preamp. I have seen a few for sale in the obvious and not so obvious places online but they are all sold out. I am considering soldering in a pot replacement rather than replacing the whole preamp. Finding a proper pot is proving difficult. Anyone swap out a pot on one of these? Anyone have a #7708254000 preamp for sale?

2. I would just replace the pot. You don't need the genuine part. You can mount regular pots on circuitboards easily with lengths of hook up wire. You'll need a desoldering pump.

3. Lucas Cheadle

Lucas Cheadle Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2021
    Indianola, WA
    Thanks for the encouragement. I will pursue the pot replacement.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 15, 2021