Fender Precision era 1976-1978, value opinion ???

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Turlu, Sep 22, 2016.

1. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism

When they get it right, they get it right. My buddy bought a new Fender Elite in sunburst and the wood is matched seamlessly. We had to turn on some good lighting to actually find the seam. It was funny at first because I thought "what the fudge, this cannot be a one-piece body."

JIO likes this.
  2. This seems about right. I was thinking $1,200-$1,400 max, if it's in great shape, all orig. w/ original case, and if it's "one of the good ones".

I snagged a 78 fretless P for $800 exactly three years ago at GC, non-orig. case, replaced PG, BAII bridge and brass nut. I thought that was a good deal, but keep in mind it was fretless so there is lower demand even while there are fewer out there. It's on the light side, and certainly light for the era, very resonant, not perfect but in VGC, and I couldn't care less about the case or the other non-orig. parts.

3. Flaked Beans

Flaked Beans

Sep 9, 2005
    NYC
    Recently I sold my stock '77 walnut brown p bass (with the original pickup/bridge covers, OHSC and thumbrest) for $1400. That p bass was very light (8 lbs) and it was one of the best p basses I've ever played!

9mmMike and JIO like this.
  4. 9mmMike

9mmMike Would you happen to have a cookie for me? Supporting Member

Like the description. Sad that you had to let it go.

5. You guys are great advice, really. I am looking around and maybe tempted to go the '63 american vintage reissue at this time, unsure now...

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Sep 17, 2021