Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

fender presicion A/E

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by dadodetres, Oct 28, 2005.

1. dadodetres

dadodetres

Dec 19, 2004
    URUGUAY
    hi!
    someone around were i live is selling a MIJ fender A/E presicion.

maple fretboard, 1 F hole, blue with matching headstock.

are this basses worth $450? how do they sound unplugged?
    when plugged do they have the FATNNES of a regular fender P ?

thancks for any other input!

here is a pic of the actuall bass:

http://articulo.mercadolibre.com.uy/jm/img?s=MLU&f=2228707_111.jpg&v=O

2. cool! i've never seen one of them before!
    cool!

3. dadodetres

dadodetres

Dec 19, 2004
    URUGUAY
    neither did I!

they guy sold some days a go this jazz bass:

http://articulo.mercadolibre.com.uy/jm/img?s=MLU&f=2228741_2223.jpg&v=O

they might be both custom made, since i never seen those finishes, combined with maple board and black block inlays.... and matching headstock!!!!

i got late to the jazz, he sold it for $600, and im looking for a jazz.... but maybe if i try the P and like it ill get it...

4. dadodetres

dadodetres

Dec 19, 2004
    URUGUAY
    they dont seem to be fake cause of the hard shell and the "F" Pup protectors..... but just in case : how can i check for them to be true Fenders?

5. dadodetres

dadodetres

Dec 19, 2004
    URUGUAY
    ok, just made and offer on the A/E P, ill be trying it oput tommorrow or monday.

anything to check?

6. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    I had a fretless A/E P a looong time ago.

90's model. Neck made in Japan, body made in the USA. Silver lace sensor P and a Piezo on the bridge, strings go through the body.

It's been a few years since I sold mine but it had an interesting rubbery sound, maybe becaue it came strung with nylon flatwounds. No unplugged tone at all. It's really made to be played amplified. It had a thuddy sound. Metal wound strings would probably have made a difference.

I'd say I don't think they're worth much more than $450. I think you can find used Godin A4's for about that price.

7. dadodetres

dadodetres

Dec 19, 2004
    URUGUAY
    Actually i did a research and all the fender MIJ A/E ive seen in the net are the one you had. this one seems to be different, so ill try it out tommorow and see if its worth the _$$$