1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Fender Rumble 40 home made cover

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by CharlieChuckles, May 19, 2018.

1. CharlieChuckles

CharlieChuckles

Mar 4, 2017
    Just for general, I made this cover. About $15 for extra wide Gorilla tape at Home Depot and $8 for Double thickness electronics box at U-Haul. The cover ended up being a little snug but functional. I'm in my 60's now and appreciate the light rumble 40. 10 years in Natl Grd bands and 5 years on the road part time with ballroom Band makes me careful with my gear. Lot's of tape left over. SAM_0304.JPG SAM_0305.JPG

Stumbo, BadExample and AstroSonic like this.
  2. You really appreciate the light weight as you get older... :) The cover looks cost effective and protective. I sprung for a pre-made cover (LeCover), and added metal corners flanking the controls on my Rumble 40. Btw, love seeing the (Smaller?) Advents. Great speakers.

Last edited: May 19, 2018
    BadExample likes this.
  3. CharlieChuckles

CharlieChuckles

Mar 4, 2017
    Yes, the 4 ohm small advents. I purchased in 1975 (Stereo Studio - Lincoln, NE). Been around the block, look very rough. My sister owned for 20 years and were refoamed back then. I had this guy Vintage Hi-Fi Audio Restorations rebuild the crossovers when he lived in Wisconsin. They sound better than any other speaker I have ever owned.

AstroSonic likes this.
  4. agedhorse

agedhorse Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 12, 2006
    Davis, CA (USA)
    Development Engineer-Mesa, Product Support-Genz Benz
    Nice Truck by the way, I have a '53.

BadExample likes this.
  5. buldog5151bass

buldog5151bass Kibble, milkbones, and P Basses. And redheads.

Oct 22, 2003
    Connecticut
    I know several people who can sew. Cotton duck cloth canvas is cheap, sturdy, and comes in many colors.

BadExample and agedhorse like this.
  6. CharlieChuckles

CharlieChuckles

Mar 4, 2017
    Let me mention the truck, you should know it's a die cast model. About 10" long. A '53 is classic. My original truck was a 1947 GMC. No rust but weathered. Amenities included heavy duty metal bed, overload springs, granny gear and second throttle on the dash. Broken hearted I sold it the day after my dog died in front of me (he was hit by a car, since the rule is always leash). The one long trip was across Nebraska and back three months later the bicentennial summer 1976 to Longs Peak, CO (yes, the mountain). This place Rocky Ridge Music Center | Summer Music Camps | Music Lessons | Boulder & Estes Park, CO. 47 Miles per hour the whole way with my Meisel student bass in the bed. Quite an image. Thanks for letting me post.

Last edited: May 20, 2018
  7. agedhorse

agedhorse Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 12, 2006
    Davis, CA (USA)
    Development Engineer-Mesa, Product Support-Genz Benz
    It's cool anyway ;)

BadExample likes this.
  8. BadExample

BadExample

Jan 21, 2016
    Injiana