1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Fender Rumble 40

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Eekum, May 17, 2018.

1. Eekum

Eekum

Mar 4, 2013
    So, I have a chance at getting this combo for $80, it is in good cosmetic and good working condition. I just want it for something to jam with a low volume guitarist with and for jamming by myself. Would this be a good option and is this a good price?

I also have heard that for 40 watts, these get pretty loud. Any truth to that?

Giffro, Linnin and EatS1stBassist like this.
  2. Gravedigger Dav

Gravedigger Dav Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2014
    Fort Worth, Texas
    That would be an excellent choice. The Rumbles are loud for their rated wattage. That is because Fender advertises actual working ratings, not some "you're 2 db from blowing this baby up" rating like some we know.
    Grab that baby and come on over to the Fender Rumble Club thread in Amps & Cabs. We have a lot of good info on all the Rumble line. If you don't buy it, tell me where it is. I'd like to add it as my 4th Rumble. Currently, I have a 25, a 100, and a 500 head with a 2x10 cab.

Giffro, Linnin and Eekum like this.
  3. Eekum

Eekum

Mar 4, 2013
    Thanks for the info, I am going to go grab it up tomorrow.

Giffro, Linnin and EatS1stBassist like this.
  4. Linnin

Linnin SUSPENDED

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    Hurry! :hyper: Don't let that puppy run away :bassist: :cool: Rumble On! :cool:

Last edited: May 18, 2018
    Giffro and Gravedigger Dav like this.
  5. I have one, it's great!

6. Gravedigger Dav

Gravedigger Dav Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2014
    Fort Worth, Texas
    If you decide you don't like it, let me know I'll take it in a heartbeat and pay the shipping.

jbassbob, Eekum and Linnin like this.
  7. I'm getting my Rumble 40 on Friday 7/6/18 off layaway. I can't wait. I have loved the sound from the moment I have heard it. Renting a town home, and don't want to upset the neighbors. From what I have checked out, the Rumble 40 packs a nice little punch.

8. Giffro

Giffro

Apr 29, 2017
    South Australia
    Once you get it take a pic then pop on over to the Fender Rumble Club, show us your new Rumble pic and ask @Gravedigger Dav for a club number. Any help you need just ask. Lots of owners and friends in there willing to help and chat.
    Fender Rumble Club

9. Just bought a Rumble 40 and love it. 18 lbs. is so nice to take to small venues. I'm playing with an acoustic guitar and this amp is perfect for that. I already have the Rumble 200 and it is a very nice amp. Highly recommend that you check out these Rumbles. They are really nice!

iagtrplyr likes this.
  10. iagtrplyr

iagtrplyr Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2013
    Clinton, IA
    Congrats, Davidus1, on your purchase. Yeah, these are solid combo amps that are pretty versatile. If you find yourself with a spare minute, look up the Combo Club and feel free to join us. Toss up a pict of your combos, I'll give ya a number, and you can hang with a number of cool folk, a number of them who own Rumbles. Hope to see ya there.

11. azfatboy

azfatboy

May 11, 2016
    Just to affirm, you are getting a great amp at a great price. I'm confident that you will love it!

12. Thank you! I'll do that.

iagtrplyr likes this.
  13. Thanks man! I appreciate it.

14. Just posted there. Thanks!

iagtrplyr likes this.