Fender Rumble 500 + 210 vs ampeg b2-re + 410 hlf

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Slappa De Bass, Apr 9, 2017.

1. Slappa De Bass

Slappa De Bass

Mar 27, 2017
    I am stuck between two options right now and need some help.
    I play in a punk band and my v2 rumble 350 isn't cutting it anymore. I found two options on CL and need your expert advice.
    1) fender v3 rumble 500 combo $390 (with intention of adding on a 210)
    2) ampeg b2-re and 410 hlf for $500

Note* my main concerns are loudness and durability/reliability. I need something that will pump and last and within the $500-$600 price range. Thank you in advance. My fate rests in your hands.

2. Another classic battle in the making. Linnin vs Jimmy.
    Let's get ready to RUMBLE!

Yahboy and Slappa De Bass like this.
  3. You're MAIN concern is speakers. That Rumble 350 (is it a 210?) isn't cutting it. ..then the B2RE +410HLF wouldn't. ..imo.. that cab is quite scooped and requires a good deal of power to cut thru. ..even then. ..it ain't my cup of tea.
    The Rumble 500 210 combo or head with 210 with another 210 will cut thru far more imo.
    I got nothing against the B2RE but I'd favour the Rumble in this battle

Linnin and Slappa De Bass like this.
  4. mmbongo

mmbongo I have too many basses. Supporting Member

Yeah I recommended the Ampeg in your other thread, but I wasn't aware that you'd be adding an additional 2x10 to the Rumble at that time.

So now, ONLY IF you really are going to add an additional 2x10 to the Rumble...I'd say the Rumble would be the better choice as well.

Slappa De Bass likes this.
  5. Slappa De Bass

Slappa De Bass

Mar 27, 2017
    Yea the Rumble 350 is a 210 with a tweeter.

6. Slappa De Bass

Slappa De Bass

Mar 27, 2017
    That is my plan. I had to make my own post to put all the info on here. These are the two best deals right now in my area.

7. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    Check out the many reviews and gig reports on the Rumble 500 combo & Rumble 210 stack over at the Fender Rumble Club.
    I do not like ampeg and would never consider any of them.

Yahboy and Slappa De Bass like this.
  8. blubass

blubass

Aug 3, 2007
    Modesto Ca
    Current: Blackstar, DR strings, Nady. Previous endorsements with: GK, Rotosound, Ernie Ball, Cleartone, EMG, Dean, Dava Picks, Rebel Straps, Dickies
    Strictly based on your 2 choices, either will do just fine. You're tonal preferences should be the deciding factor, as neither rig sounds the same. They would both go low, but the 410hlf is one of the lowest tuned cabs I've ever played, for better or worse.

Don't let any brand loyalist or TB member sway your purchase. Your fate very much rests in your hands, and yours alone. Get out of the house and play gear, or put on good headphones and listen to as many high quality youtube reviews as you can.

9. Yahboy

Yahboy

May 21, 2008
    +1
    Rumble V3 500/210 + 210 cab = Your great budget work horse .

Lot positive feedback here.
    Fender Rumble Club

10. jlepre

jlepre

Nov 12, 2007
    Cedar Knolls, NJ
    Unless you actually add the 210 cab to the Rumble 500C you won't really be gaining anything from your existing Rumble. The 500C is pushing 350 watts until you add the 210 extension cab to get the full 500 watts and 410 speakers.

11. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 21, 2022